Posted 7 June 2021

Are the Lidl parkside laser distance measure with tape measure any good?

not sure whats a good orice point is for these items, currently £19.99 in Lidl.

thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    deleted241757508/06/2021 08:41

Can you provide a link of the one you use please?

amazon.co.uk/Dis…8-3

ARAS distance laser measure £21.24.

I'm sure it's just a generic Chinese model, but has great reviews, and I've had no complaints after 2 years.
    think your link needs checking
    deleted241757507/06/2021 23:37

Not really just DIY around the house, was going to get the leveller but …Not really just DIY around the house, was going to get the leveller but thought it'll be better to invest in something like this.

I'm amazed how laser levelers have come down in price. Paid over £100 for a Dewalt one some years ago. It promptly settled a dispute with a builder and I haven't put up a wonky shelf or cupboard since. One of the best gadgets I never knew I needed. Part of the fun is finding ingenous ways to set it up higher than a camera tripod can take it.
    Saw cheaper on Amazon do you measure lots?
    Author
    justanothercid07/06/2021 22:43

Saw cheaper on Amazon do you measure lots?

Not really just DIY around the house, was going to get the leveller but thought it'll be better to invest in something like this.
    Have no idea about the Lidl model, but have extensively used a £20 Chinese laser measure from Amazon, and it's been brilliant. Well worth the money and accurate enough for most DIY jobs.

Has saved so much time and faffing about.
    Author
    Immoraliste08/06/2021 02:42

Have no idea about the Lidl model, but have extensively used a £20 Chinese …Have no idea about the Lidl model, but have extensively used a £20 Chinese laser measure from Amazon, and it's been brilliant. Well worth the money and accurate enough for most DIY jobs.Has saved so much time and faffing about.

Can you provide a link of the one you use please?
    Author
    valmiki08/06/2021 08:48

Is it this one …Is it this one https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/diy-tools/parkside-laser-distance-tape-measure/p43005Looks pretty good to me

That's the one.
    I have quite a few Parkside tools and also Some of the Aldi ones, mostly power tools but they also sell kits of Screwdriver bits and I bought a smaller set with approx 10 bits/sockets and I have used it for over 3 Years and the bits are as good as new.

I am not a Tradesman, but used to be a Tech Rep, Cable support systems and overhead line transmission parts/accessories and fixings.

I help all 3 of my children with any DIY that needs doing but have changed the criteria, anything which needs doing the man/twerp of the house has to help so that they can see how its done and take part in the fix/repair, that way if something similar comes up they know what to do and that gives me more time with the weans, as I usually go for a visit in case help is needed.

So maintaining 3 Houses with 5 grandchildren means there always something needs fixing, given the opportunity I would fix the wee darlings.
    Seriously though, Lidl and Aldi are 2 of the largest Supermarket groups in Europe, a lot of their electrical items have a 3 Year Warranty, Real Value for money.
    For day to day DIY they have some really nice tools.
's avatar