I’m selling a MacBook Air for a friend and have little knowledge of Apple stuff so help would be appreciated.
The model on the base says A1466 which makes it a Mid 2013 Air 13 and it has an i5-4250U 1.3GHz, 4GB RAM and 256GB SSD.
1. How do I determine the exact model number such as MD711LL/A?
2. Is there a built in system diagnostic test and is it worth running?
3. It has Mavericks installed so how do I do a clean install of the current version, El Capitan, so that it wipes all the current accounts and data?
4. Can I include a secure erase as part of the fresh installation process?
5. Is there any other info I should collect from it before doing the fresh O/S installation? SSD life or usage maybe!
A pointer to a good website that answers these sorts of questions that saves me trawling the web would be as appreciated as well as direct answers. I’m a Mac newbie. Thanks.