My parents currently have a Sumvision SV-1000; the player itself is okay, and the compatibility with DivX/XviD is very impressive, however, there seems to be quite a few bugs, and the interface isn't particularly user friendly so I'm not really sure whether my parents like it or not. This was just highlighted by the look of disappointment on my dad's face when he realised the batteries had died in the remote, rather than the player itself dying. :)
So! I'm after a new player, that...
1. Represents good value for money
2. Has good DivX support
3. Records DVDs without breaking every other one like the Sumvision
4. Has a nice user interface
Things that'd be a nice, but not essential...
1. USB pen drive support (would save me keep burning discs)
2. Nice aesthetics
3. HD upscaler (not too fussed, they won't be getting HD in the foreseeable future)
Any suggestions would be very welcome, they really won't use the player very often so I guess something that does the job at a low price point would be ideal.