Dimmer switch being activated by tv remote - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HotUKDeals, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HotUKDeals app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

Dimmer switch being activated by tv remote

£0.00 @
Thought i'd reach out on HUKD as when you google this question it just comes up with ways to set wireless lights up - I do not want to set them up. With no real changes to the bedroom setup, my to… Read More
Cptjack Avatar
3m, 3w agoPosted 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Thought i'd reach out on HUKD as when you google this question it just comes up with ways to set wireless lights up - I do not want to set them up.

With no real changes to the bedroom setup, my touch dimmer light has started working with the TV remote - I turn the volume up and the light comes on, works with 90% of the buttons but not the other 10% - menu and channel 3 turn the lights off again :S

Any help would be great

signed, a very confused guy
Cptjack Avatar
3m, 3w agoPosted 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Options

All Responses

(11) Jump to unreadPost an answer
Responses/page:
#1
Years ago we used to have an remote control dimmer switch. It worked with any remote using infrared.

Maybe you can cover something up on the light to stop it?
#2
it must just use a common range of IR frequency can you change anything on the switch itself to use different frequency
#3
ding
it must just use a common range of IR frequency can you change anything on the switch itself to use different frequency

I have not tried removing the switch to have a look behind - but nothing has changed in the last month to suddenly make it act this way. well apart from new kitchen floors and worktops :P
#4
Wish I had a remote to control the wife's mouth.
#5
chimp14uk
Wish I had a remote to control the wife's mouth.


it must be my mind. I immediately thought something rude there ;) lol
#6
Lol. This is funny.

Perhaps try re-tuning the tv, not sure if that will help but you never know.
#7
sorry to hear that but it is funny
#8
ur lucky there's people paying silly prices for these new remote controlled gadgets well on wifi.
#9
Does the switch still work with it's own ir remote ok ?
#10
kester76
Does the switch still work with it's own ir remote ok ?

I have never had or used a remote with the switch, to my knowledge it doesn't have one
#11
Cptjack
kester76
Does the switch still work with it's own ir remote ok ?
I have never had or used a remote with the switch, to my knowledge it doesn't have one
Unlucky as you're to blame on this one ;)
Looks like you've managed to activate the dimmer switch IR program setting and then turned on your TV. Your dimmer switch now recognises the TV remote as it's remote.
You just need to find out who makes the dimmer switch and reprogram it to another remote or factory reset the dimmer and hope it doesn't like your remote as a default.

Your Dimmer switch should have instructions like this http://www.varilight.co.uk/leaflets/V-Pro%20IR%20Dimmer%20Instructions%20916.pdf

Post an Answer

You don't need an account to leave a response. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!