Friends / relatives sometimes ask me to find electronics for them.
Thought to make a quick post to ask if someone else experienced this too:
1. You buy something from eBay seller (e.g. a laptop).
2. eBay seller withdraws the money (I presume)
3. Then out of the blue, they cancel the order, and refund the money e.g. via PayPal.
4. You get no message until the order is cancelled (no headsup) - then afterwards they send a "battery stopped working, etc" message.
5. For the next 7 days or so - you don't get to access the refund until PayPal processes the refund (grr).
I'm not sure if it's a thing? I've experienced this odd occurrence twice now - both time they said "battery died".
The optimist side of me guesses the item is probably really broken. And the cancellation is a blessing in disguise. Would have preferred a heads up though.
The realist in me thinks the seller wants to to avoid neutral feedback, etc - so they cancel and refund quickly (without sending a message first); that or I need to look for newer laptops.
The cynic side of me thinks the seller is short of money - because they have about 3-4 days before PayPal takes money again from them for the refund.