Hi- I'm looking to buy a desktop PC to replace two ageing laptops and an old XP desktop running various DVB scanning applications. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated, especially with regards to video cards etc. I won't be doing any gaming.
- 24/7 running for a VPN server and remote desktop logins
- support for at least 3 PCIe satellite/terrestrial TV cards, to watch/record channels (including those in 4K). I'll be running monitoring/scanning software that uses these cards 24/7.
- support for 2 monitors, which are currently 1080p but will eventually be upgraded to 4K (hoping to have 4K TV on one monitor, while working on another)
- at least 2TB HDD; 250GB SSD
- BD disc reader (not fussed about a BD writer)
- as much speed as possible!
I have no idea what I should be looking for when it comes to the processor and RAM. I'm looking to future-proof this as much as possible- the budget can stretch to about £900.