I am looking to take my girlfriend on a (realtivley) cheap holiday in the summer, for her birthday. I am thinking South or West Europe, but anywhere out of the UK is fine really - neither have us have been abroad before, so it's bound to be a bit of an adventure!
We are both university students, which means the following:
* We can go on holiday anytime between late June and mid-September
* I don't have loads of cash, I am looking to spend about £200 per person (not including money we spend there: so thats just travel and hotel costs really).
* Different! We have been all over the UK, so we want a change!
* A nice beach would be nice, but not essential.
* Geared to tourists: we want there to be lots to do, but don't want it to be really tacky - we live in Blackpool, so we have had our fill of that! We want a mix between youth oritentated activities and culture. We dont want to spend the whole week drinking, but we dont want to spend it all in museums either, so a balance would be preferable.
* As long as its not too complicated, I dont mind. Stuff like the free first-class upgrade on the Eurostar train that I saw on here before sounds ideal. I would assume that planes are too expensive (although I have never travelled on one before, so am not too sure of this).
* Really dont want somewhere dossy. Girlfriends even worse, she is a bit of a snob! Obviously we are not expecting champagne and five course dinners laid on, and we will spend nearly all our time out. What I am looking for is a happy medium - a nice, clean, friendly place to come home at night, and get a good nights sleep will do fine.
Sorry for all the reading. I await any suggestions!