I asked on here a few years back about irons and at the time was recommended a steam station iron.
The steam station part has now failed, so I'm again in need of getting a new iron!
I dislike ironing but did find it a little easier with more steam, however we did get a few problems with the steam station. Our issues were:
1. It took longer to warm up, we tend to iron as we go rather than doing a big batch.
2. Steam would sometimes condense against the metal frame of the ironing board, then would suddenly pool against the clothes especially if they just went underneath the board a bit.
3. It is quite restrictive on where you can put the ironing board as the steam station needs it's space.
4. It constantly needs a space for the steam station.
5. The one we got was a metal one, we couldn't see how much water was in it.
Someone recommended the cordless ones to us, and said they would suit us as they don't have the tangle of wires/tubes. Also they would be good for iron as you go style ironing. Are they any good? Or are they just a gimmick?
Any recommendations otherwise, I would prefer to spend less but want the easiest way of ironing so happy to spend a bit more if it means the ironing is much easier!
Also I think we need a new ironing board, you can feel the metal from the top when your press down, and the frame is getting quite rickety. It was probably the cheapest one available 15 years ago!
Thanks for any recommendations!