My Galaxy S3 is doing weird fax machine type noises on phone calls. Tried reset, and deleting apps, cleaning phone etc. No good. So looking for a replacement under £180. So comparing it to the S3, which was a flagship at it's time, I want:
1. A phone that screen looks as good.
2. A phone who's camera is as good or better.
3. More ram than the S3. 2GB will do the job, but 3GB better.
4. Screen 4.7" to a max of 5.2".
5. Would prefer removable battery, but not essential.
I've ruled out:
Phones imported from China: Cameras seem to be crap. Correct me if I am wrong..
5.5" or bigger. Too big for me.
Moto G 3rd Gen: Nice phones, but screens not as nice as S3, am I wrong?
Phones with only 8GB storage and 1GB Ram. Too low these days.
Looked at: Samsung mid-price range, but there are so many of them, and now 2016 updated versions of some, very confusing!
Wileyfox Swift, looks a good all rounder, but not the greatest camera?
Huawei P9 lite. Seems the one to go for, but looking for a price drop.
Alcatel idol 3 or 4 range seems nice.