I bought a second hand Xbox One S 1Tb (FIFA 17 Bundle) earlier this week.
Fired it up today and to my surprise, it had a around 8 Xbox One games and 5 Xbox 360 games preinstalled. While the majority of the games don't load ("Do you own this game or app?" message), a few of them (namely, GTAV, FIFA 17, Rayman Origins (360) and World at War (360) do).
I have never used Xbox Live before and have no purchases on this account I just made. The games that do work do so both when there is and isn't an account signed in on the Xbox. I expected these digital downloads to function similarly to my PS4 where games are tied to an account though it seems they don't.
I have a few questions:
1) Why are some of the games playable while others aren't?
2) Are Xbox games tied to accounts or consoles
3) I bought the (white) console in perfect condition excluding a broken controller for £130. Did I get a good price?
4) If I were to use the console for a few months- I bought it only to play through the Halo campaigns- what would roughly be the expected resale on it?
5) Would it be false advertising to sell the console as "bundled with 4 games" that are already on the hard drive and work without an account?