s - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HotUKDeals, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HotUKDeals app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit


£0.00 @
dezontk Avatar
5m, 3w agoPosted 5 months, 3 weeks ago
dezontk Avatar
5m, 3w agoPosted 5 months, 3 weeks ago

All Responses

(4) Jump to unreadPost an answer
if you attend court with no representation then you can ask to speak to duty solicitor. they will advise you but normally ask for a means form to be completed.

if they were found guilty on what basis would they appeal?
that's not an appeal. the court wants him to be given legal advice, possibly as they could face a prison sentence.

The case could the be subject to an appeal and cost the taxpayer more money
It maybe different for a magistrates court ( or I could be completely wrong) but I thought that if you're found guilty of an offense you could only appeal if you have some sort of new evidence to disprove the guilty verdict, or there had been some sort of mistakes or wrong doing in the procedure.
If the offence carries a potential custodial sentence I was under the impression that Magistrates would not allow the accused to defend themselves. The reason, I understand, is that magistrates can be JP's who do not have to have legal training. In crown court the accused can defend themselves as the Judge, who is trained in the legal system, can give guidance to the accused.

Edited By: Dumbstruck on Nov 24, 2016 20:50

Post an Answer

You don't need an account to leave a response. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!