I am looking for surround sound speakers but have no idea where to start. I currently have a Sony Bravia HD TV with the following things;
- Playstation 3
- Nintendo Wii
- Xbox 360
- Sky + (Soon to be Sky HD)
I need a surround sound unit that will support all of the above. I have been looking but I am starting to get confused and have the following questions.
1) Most the surround sound systems out there come with their own DVD player which I dont want. For instance something like this http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3317461/Sony-DAV-DZ630-Home-Cinema-System/Product.html#
. Is it possible to get something like this without the DVD player?
2) What will I be connecting the PS3 and 360 with to the surround sound unit? Do I need something with HDMI inputs or I have heard about optical cable but have no idea what they are.
How does the connection work, would it be split? For instance, the hdmi connecting straight to the TV for the picture and optical cable to the surround sound unit for the sound? Or would it all go through the surround sound unit?
3) Say I am watching sky and I want to put the volume down. Could I do this with the sky plus remote or do I need to do this through the surround sound unit?
4) Can someone please recommend a surround sound system for me. The main reason I want it for is distrubuting the sound evenly throughout the room, so therefore I dont need something that is really flashy but at the same time not something too cheap. My budget is around £200, I dont know whether that is realistic for what I need so if something is above that please still recommend it but I would like to keep the costs down as much as possible.
5) I am also looking for a very basic 2 speaker system for my room which only has a dvd player and a sky box. If someone can recommend anything for this as well I will be very greatful.
Sorry for the noob questions. I have never had a surround sound system before and have no idea how it works. Ive been wanting to ask for ages, but didnt really know what forums to ask on. People tend to be very helpful and friendly on here so I thought I would give it a go.
Thanks in advance to any replys.