A little while ago I popped up into my loft to get something out of storage.
As I was getting said item I noticed what looked like small drops of bird mess or similar on the loft boards near the chimney, looking up I was faced with what I assume to be a wasps nest. Now I confess in the last few years I have removed a couple of small golf-ball size nests (in april/may), complete with queens, but this is a different ball game, due its size and location.
According to the internet wasps don't re-use the same nest and that it should be vacant at this time, with a possibility of a queen inside.
It has to be said I don't like wasps, never have.
Is it something I can deal with myself (never been stung, but late mother and brother suffer with anaphylaxis - so assume I do) or am I better off calling in someone?