Last few days, my Sky+ plus box has been unable to receive some channels. Today the picture froze up for a while then after a reboot (unplug/plug back in, several times now) it's refusing to admit the existence of any channels, reverts to "no satellite signal" after a while.
- Thompson (DSI8210CS)
- I put a 400GB drive in it, working perfectly well for years, lots of stuff on it
- Does NOT have the PSU upgrade
Two options come to mind:
- Grab another identical box from ebay, fit my current drive (or Copy+ its contents to the barely-used identical drive in Dad's external USB backup drive & use that!!!)
- Find out what the sensible HD box to buy is these days and buy that, lose my current programs (will *try* to copy of course but no great hope of success from a white box to an HD box)
- What would you do?
- Can you think of other options?
- An HD box can be used on a non-HD account right?
- Which model is the sensible HD box to buy?
I'd love to go without for a few months and get bribed by Sky to come back but it's multi-room and the others wouldn't go for it :(
Thanks in advance, I know I can get sensible answers here :)