6 nights cruise from Beijiing, 5 nights out of NY, 7 nights out of Barca, all flights inc.
Royal Caribbean UK & Ireland is searching for an #ExtraordinaryExplorer to join their fleet on an extraordinary Instagram ‘intern-ship’, setting sail during the summer of 2017.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
With 25 of the world’s most innovative and spectacular ships visiting over 250 destinations worldwide every year, Royal Caribbean offers guests extraordinary experiences every day
The successful candidate will be responsible for finding and documenting the extraordinary on a daily basis via Instagram
Whether its destinations or experiences, our ships are teeming with unique moments and your role will be to uncover the nuggets of exactly what makes each of these so memorable
A hybrid between a photographer, documentary maker and a storyteller, a typical day will see the successful candidate immerse themselves in the extraordinary moments, experiences and stories that take place on land and at sea, and share them with the world via Instagram - the number one source of travel inspiration in the UK*
CANDIDATES WILL MEET
THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
Skilled in Instagram with extensive knowledge of all 23 filters
Exemplary ability to capture stunning views, extraordinary experiences, beautiful sunsets and amazing stories on social media
Available to travel for three consecutive weeks between June –July 2017 to regions including New York, the Caribbean, Asia and the Mediterranean.
Inquisitive nature, love storytelling and enjoy sharing experiences
Unbeatable sense of adventure and hunger for the extraordinary
Own a smartphone
Note: Photocopying, administrator and tea-making skills are not required
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL RECEIVE...
Travel package including transport via three company cruise ships
All travel, accommodation and daily expenses included
£3,000 in prize money
Uniform is not supplied. Bring your own swimmers, sandals & shades
You will be travelling on three cruise ships over a three week period including Ovation of the Seas (Beijing), Anthem of the Seas (New York) and Freedom of the Seas (Barcelona)
Complimentary access to climbing walls, Flowrider, restaurants, swimming pools, zip wires, water-slides and onboard fitness facilities
Applicants must be minimum 21 years old, UK and Republic of Ireland citizens, and post their most extraordinary travel photo or short video on Instagram, tagging @RoyalCaribbeanUK and #ExtraordinaryExplorer
READ THE T & Cs.
Extraordinary Intern-Ship – Full Competition Terms and Conditions
Royal Caribbean International·Wednesday, December 21, 2016
1. It is a condition of acceptance of a prize these terms and conditions are accepted and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of any information by entrant will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. This competition is only open to UK and Republic of Ireland citizens aged 21 years or over with a full passport, no criminal record and no travel restrictions.
3. Participants may enter this free of charge competition from 09:00 GMT on 03 January 2017 until 23:59 GMT on 31 January 2017. No entries will be counted after the closing date.
4. All images entered that meet the eligibility criteria set out below, will be judged by a panel of three judges. The winner will be announced from 13th February 2017 by direct message on Instagram and by Royal Caribbean’s Instagram page.
5. As part of the prize, the winner will be required to carry out a number of tasks as set out below.
6. This is not a formal internship program, is not paid apart from the expenses and prize details covered below and will not lead to an offer of employment in any capacity. Neither party intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.
HOW TO ENTER
7. Participants may enter the competition by posting their most extraordinary travel photo or video that they have taken on Instagram, tagging @RoyalCaribbeanUK and #ExtraordinaryExplorer.
8. Each participant may enter a maximum of four times. One image or video per entry. All photographs or videos must have been taken by the entrant themselves and the entrant must own all rights to the submitted media.
9. The prize consists of:
a. Sailings for the winner on:
· Ovation of the Seas (departing Beijing) 8th June-14th June 2017 (6 nights)
· Anthem of the Seas (departing New York) 17th June-22nd June 2017 (5 nights)
· Freedom of the Seas (departing Barcelona) 25th June-2nd July 2017 (7 nights)
b. Each sailing includes your cruise stateroom, all transfers, hotel stays and all necessary economy flights. It also includes cruise gratuities, standard meals onboard (excluding speciality dining), non-alcoholic drinks and ship Wi-Fi plus daily onboard expenses to the value £50 GBP per day.
And, if you successfully complete all of the Royal Caribbean tasks listed below and travel on all three of the cruises, you will also win the following:
c. A cheque for £3,000 (three thousand pounds) made payable in the name of the entrant only. The cheque will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of completion of the final cruise. Payment may be made prior to this time at Promoter’s discretion. A signature may be required upon delivery.
Eligibility to Enter
10. All entrants must:
a) Have an Instagram feed that shows understanding of how to use the channel with an established community of at least 300 followers with good levels of engagement
b) Have an enthusiasm for travel and extraordinary experiences and sense of adventure
c) Be naturally sociable / outgoing with an interest in experiences and storytelling
d) Be proficient in Instagram (with extensive knowledge of all 23 filters)
e) Have an exemplary ability to capture stunning views, extraordinary experiences, beautiful sunsets and amazing stories on social media
f) Be available to travel continuously on the cruise dates mentioned below to regions including the Caribbean, Asia and the Mediterranean.
g) Have an inquisitive nature, love storytelling and enjoy sharing experiences
h) Unbeatable sense of adventure and hunger for the extraordinary
i) Own a smartphone
11. The winner must be able to travel between 01 June 2017 and 03 July 2017.
12. Final itinerary and travel bookings to be determined by Royal Caribbean.
13. The prize fulfilment will be managed by Royal Caribbean who will contact the winner via Instagram to arrange the prize fulfilment.
14. The winner must be able to provide passport details within 14 days of the competition closing. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize. Once the booking is confirmed, no changes may be made.
15. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that they have obtained all the correct visas and travel inoculations for the destinations being visited. A full list of countries will be contained in the booking details provided.
16. Additional details of how to book the flights and arrange the cruise booking will be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Royal Caribbean’s standard booking terms and conditions will apply save where varied by these terms. Full booking conditions are available to view at https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk.
17. The prize may only be redeemed by the winner.
18. There will be a panel of three judges including two independent judges. Judging of all entries will take place from 1 - 9 February 2017.
19. The judging criteria for the entries will be as follows and each entry will be allocated points by the judges between 1 and 5 for each aspect:
a) Levels of Instagram engagement for the entered picture or short video ;
b) Natural ability to take a good photo or video;
c) Ability to represent extraordinary experiences and moments through photography / video media;
d) Ability to inspire viewers;
e) Demonstrate storytelling through photography or video media;
20. The entrant with the most amount of points after judging will be declared the winner. In the event of a tiebreak, a winner will be drawn at random between those in the tie.
21. Entrant does not need to be a professional photographer.
22. Previous cruise experience is not essential.
23. If a winner does not respond to the promoter (Royal Caribbean) within 14 days of being notified by the promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
24. The judges’ decision will be final and no discussion shall be entered in to.
The Royal Caribbean Tasks
25. While on-board and during shore excursions, the winner will be required to carry out the following tasks.
26. Provide Instagram photo content as follows.
a) Candidate must post 3 x photos on Instagram each day while on a cruise, to comprise of:
i. 1 x view (can be of sea, port, horizon, or ship exterior / interior, facilities etc.).
ii. 1 x extraordinary experience (ship based or land / excursion based).
iii. 1 x extraordinary person (can be someone met on board with an interesting story to tell, a crew member with a unique role or an extraordinary local person met during a shore excursion).
27. Candidate must only include other Royal Caribbean guests and staff in their posts with their permission by using the consent form provided by Royal Caribbean.
28. Extraordinary Stories Video Submissions:
a) The winner must use Instagram posts each day to invite other Instagram users to make recommendations to the winner on what he or she should experience in each destination, searching for recommendations and suggestions.
b) The Promoter and the winner will then choose together which suggestion they should opt for. The winner will then capture the experience using a short video recording and post the resulting video on Instagram.
29. Shore Excursions: The winner will experience a minimum of three different shore excursions, on each cruise itinerary or a total of nine shore excursions across the full itinerary, as determined by Royal Caribbean. The Winner will be given various options to choose from on each cruise.
30. Additional excursions or experiences can be paid for by the winner at their own discretion.
31. The winner may be required to participate in a minimum of three Royal Caribbean meetings and may be required to take part in media opportunities such as features, a minimum of three short interviews and may be required to provide quotes, headshots or photographs for media use.
General Terms and Conditions
32. The cash prize will only be awarded if the winner carries out all of the tasks listed above and fully completes each cruise. Payment may be made before this time at Promoter’s discretion.
33. Each entrant may not enter the competition more than four times, any entries over and above this will be disqualified.
34. Each entry must not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content. These images will be removed.
35. Entrants agree to fully indemnify the Promoter in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of breaching any terms of this competition.
36. Entrants confirm that each person depicted in the entries has granted permission to be portrayed as shown. Any costumes, props or other materials used must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
37. Royal Caribbean will be responsible for providing adequate travel insurance for the winner while they are travelling on the above itinerary between 01 June 2017 – 02 July 2017, however, the entrant must provide all relevant information to the Promoter for these purposes. Any information requested, must be provided by the winner within 5 days of request from Promoter.
38. Should the winner be unable to carry out any of the above required tasks due to illness or injury, they will still be permitted to travel.
39. Entrants agree that the promoter may, but is not required to, make the entry image(s) and any other images provided by the entrants available on its website www.royalcaribbean.co.uk, www.royalcaribbean.ie and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition.
40. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials or materials taken or provided by the winner during the cruises, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence such images and materials as required by Promoter for the purposes of promoting its business.
41. By entering this competition, entrant ('you') are providing information to Promoter who undertakes to process your personal details in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Promoter undertakes to use participant’s personal details for this purpose and for the purpose of administering and/or promoting this competition as outlined in these terms and conditions.
42. Employees of Promoter and their immediate families, any business within the group of international companies to which Promoter is a member including all Royal Caribbean subsidiaries, their affiliates or anyone else professionally associated with this competition is expressly excluded from entering.
43. Promoter may reject any submissions, or at any time disqualify entrants, if the submissions or the entrant/user is in breach of any of these terms and conditions and/or in Promoter’s reasonable opinion, is inappropriate because, without limitation, it infringes and/or may infringe third party rights, defames other persons and/or denigrates trademarks, institutions and/or cultures and/or is in any manner in breach of the laws, moral, uses and/or etiquette rules generally required from internet users.
44. Late, incomplete, invalid and/or corrupt submissions will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. No discussion as to the winner shall be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the prize draw at any time.
45. Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability for reasons outside the control of the Promoter.
46. The winner and runners up agree that their details may also be announced contemporaneously on Promoter’s Royal Caribbean’s UK Facebook and/or Twitter in the format e.g. Mr/Mrs [Surname] of [County]. The winner’s details in this format may also be shared in marketing material of the Promoter, including the Royal Caribbean UK Blog, Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram for a period of 6 months following the announcement of the winner of the competition.
47. The prizes cannot be sold, transferred or exchanged for cash.
48. The cruise booking will be subject to Promoter’s booking terms and conditions as well the Guest Conduct Policy which the winner must abide by at all times.
49. Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify this competition, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, a change in applicable law or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of this competition, as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion.
50. The winner's title, surname and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Promoter, FAO Royal Caribbean Marketing Team within 60 days of the competition closing. Winner(s) and any runner’s up agree to their details being shared for this purpose.
51. This competition shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
52. This competition is sponsored by RCL Cruises Ltd trading as Royal Caribbean International (company number 07366612), a UK company with registered office address at Building 3, The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0NY (the 'Promoter').