In comps as they are picking 900 people to trail them.
You can choose from one of three fridges, though it's not guaranteed you'll get the one you've picked. (All come with a one year manufacturer's guarantee).
* Indesit Combi-Static Non Frost Free Fridge-Freezer (model no PBAA27D).
* Indesit Upright Freezer (model no RZA61D).
* Indesit Under-counter Fridge (model no RLA36D).
These fridges have extra 'smart' technology fitted to them which sends data to the national grid but even without this technology they're the most energy efficient fridges you can get. A++ is the highest rating possible; the ratings are based on the amount of electricity used over time as well as the capacity, style and features of each refrigerator so as well as getting a free fridge you'll be saving on the cost of energy to run it.
Anyone can apply (even non-npower customers), though nPower is looking for a broad spectrum of people to keep the trial fair. It also asks that you:
* Commit to using and keeping the trial appliance in you home for the full duration of the trial, until at least December 2012 (you get to keep the fridge after).
* Be able to accommodate your chosen refrigeration appliance and not require any building work by Indesit to fit the appliance in your home.
* Maintain a 24 hour broadband internet connection (which is pretty much all broadband connections) and allow RLtec to collect data regarding the operation of the fridge using this broadband connection.(nPower has said this won't impact your download limit, so if you don't have an unlimited package it won't cost you).
*- Have permission from the owner of your existing fridge or freezer to remove and replace this with the trial appliance
* Have a standard three point plug socket within 1 metre of where you've placed your broadband router.
Found on MSE