Selection of DVDs
We're delighted to announce the launch of the Radio Times 100 Greatest Films series, a set of books to collect and treasure that provides a lively, colourful and informative guide to the 100 movies in key genres.
We celebrate the best films of their kind with detailed entries for each movie in the 100 as well as expert analyses at the back of the book on the key influences - director, studio - in each genre.
You can use these books to enhance your knowledge of film, to have fun testing your friends and family, as a starting point for your own list, or even to build a comprehensive DVD or Blu-ray library.
The first two books to be released are Radio Times 100 Greatest Films: Comedy and Radio Times 100 Greatest Films: Thriller, both available for pre-order from 15 September, priced at £9.99. To mark the launch, we'd like you to vote for your favourite comedy and thriller from our top 100 lists opposite (or if you prefer, nominate films of your choice).
Cast your vote and you could win a copy of each book plus a Gavin & Stacey series one and two DVD boxed set, David Attenborough's Life on Land boxed set and Top Gear: the Challenges 3 DVD!
Please note that this competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over only. The closing date is Monday 14 September.
1. The BBC Code of Conduct for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode and all BBC Magazines ("BBCM") promotions comply with the Code.
2. The promotion is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, aged 18 years or over, except BBC employees and anyone connected with the promotion.
3. By entering the promotion, the participants agree:
a. to be bound by these terms and conditions;
b. that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize;
c. that should they win the promotion, their name and likeness may be used by BBCM for pre-arranged promotional purposes.
4. Entrants should enter using the webform provided. Emails will not be accepted and entries received after the closing date of the promotion will not be considered.
6. Only one entry will be permitted per person, regardless of method of entry. Bulk entries made by third parties will not be permitted.
7. The winning entrant(s) will be the first correct entry drawn at random after the closing date. BBCM's decision as to the winner is final and no correspondence relating to the promotion will be entered. The winner(s) will be notified within seven days of the close of the promotion by post/telephone/email.
8. There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
9. The name and county of residence of the winner(s) may be obtained by sending an SAE marked "Winners List Request" to PO Box 501, Leicester, LE94 0AA within two months of the closing date of the promotion.
10. BBCM reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the promotion at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
11. If the winner is unable to be contacted within 14 days of the promotion's closing date, BBCM reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future BBCM promotion.
12. BBCM excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
13. The promotion is subject to the laws of England.