Flybook with a 128GB Samsung solid state drive
What does SSD stand for?
Solid state drive
Samsung and Flybook have teamed up to bring PCW readers the ultimate in mobile computing: lightning-fast storage speeds packaged in a sleek notebook design.
The Samsung solid state drive (SSD) installed in the Flybook has a 128GB storage capacity and is also capable of ultra-fast data transfer rates, making light work of even the largest files. Another highlight is the SSDs low power consumption, which makes it perfect for on-the-road use.
Whats more, Samsungs SSD is incredibly durable and will withstand even the harshest of environments. It will be able to operate normally between 0°C and 70°C in more extreme environments it will still maintain its integrity. The SSD also benefits from an amazing one million hours of mean time between failures, which means your data will be safe from harm.
Read and write speeds of up to 90Mbytes/sec and 70Mbytes/sec respectively make working with SSDs a pleasure. The all-too-often nasty surprises of head-crashes on traditional hard disks are a thing of the past as well; since SSDs do not have disk heads and platters, instead storing data in flash memory, even if the laptop takes a tumble anything stored on the SSD will not be harmed.
The Flybooks interior is first class as well. With the Samsung SSD as the centre-piece, the laptop comes equipped with a Via Nano 800MHz processor along with DDR2 memory. It also features a DVD writer and three USB ports for accessories. Integrated wireless capabilities let you surf the web away from home, while the built-in webcam allows you to keep in visual contact with friends and family.
Plus, weighing less than 1kg, measuring under 3cm thick and with the speedy Samsung SSD for storage, the Flybook lives up to its name in more ways than one.
For your chance to win this amazing package, answer the question on this page and follow the on-screen instructions.
Standard Terms and Conditions:
1. The entry of a competition signifies acceptance of these Terms and conditions.
2. You confirm that you are aged 18 or over. Proof of age must be supplied upon request.
3. Competitions are open to residents of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Irish Republic.
4. Employees of VNU Business Publications Limited ("VNU"), their immediate families and friends may not enter the competition.
5. Entries are limited to one entry per person per competition.
6. No cash alternatives are available.
7. No purchase is necessary to enter.
8. VNU can accept no responsibility for late, lost or undelivered entries.
9. Upon close of a competition, the winner(s) will be selected at random from all correct entries received.
10. VNU's decision will be final in all matters relating to the competition and VNU will not enter into any correspondence regarding the competition.
11. VNU will use all reasonable endeavours to notify the winner(s) within 14 days of the close of the competition. Prizes will be despatched direct by the competition sponsor(s) and should be received within 28 days of receipt of notification.
12. Details of the winner(s) can be obtained from VNU by writing to "Computeractive Competitions", 32-34 Broadwick Street, London W1A 2HG, enclosing a SAE.
13. VNU will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the prizes are as described on this page. VNU cannot accept any liability in respect of any prize, however, and any queries regarding a prize should be taken up directly with the sponsor of that prize.
14. Winner(s)' details may be used in reasonable promotional activities relating to the competition, subject to prior notification by VNU.
16. Details of how to enter, closing dates and prize descriptions can be found on the individual competition pages.
17. These Terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England. All disputes arising from or in connection with these Terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
18. Competition entries will only be accepted if made via the relevant VNU competition page.