Family day out in London
ISNEYS A CHRISTMAS CAROL, a multi-sensory thrill ride re-envisioned by Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Robert Zemeckis, captures the fantastical essence of the classic Dickens tale in a groundbreaking 3-D motion picture event. Ebenezer Scrooge (JIM CARREY) begins the Christmas holiday with his usual miserly contempt, barking at his faithful clerk (GARY OLDMAN) and his cheery nephew (COLIN FIRTH). But when the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Yet to Come take him on an eye-opening journey revealing truths Old Scrooge is reluctant to face, he must open his heart to undo years of ill will before its too late.
Argos are being generous this year and they would like to send one lucky family to London. The lights, sights and crisp cool air give London a fantastic festive feel so where better to enjoy Winter Wonderland, ice skating and the best view of London on the London Eye.
London is steeped in history so we are also sending you to visit the ghosts of London past with a London
Click here to enter our Christmas Carol competition*
To end the perfect day you can warm up those fingers and toes and enjoy a cosy Christmas dinner at London's oldest restaurant, Rules.
Get into the Christmas spirit with thanks to Disney's A Christmas Carol!
WIN A MAGICAL CHRITSMAS EXPERIENCE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY COMPETITION
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Only one entry per person.
3. Prize package consists of
- Return travel for two adults and two children to London (a)
- Return luxury chauffeured car transfers from the station to the hotel
- Two day off peak zone 1 & 2 travel cards for two adults and two children
- Luxurious overnight accommodation at The 4* 51 Buckingham Gate Hotel, London in a 2 bedroom suite with ensuite bathroom
- Breakfast in the hotel restaurant in the morning
- Visit Santa at Santa's Secret Village for two children to include: (c)
- An Audience with Santa
- A gift from Santa
- A Christmas Market for the adults to enjoy
- Stroll around Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park to include:
- Entry to the Christmas Circus inside a heated big top
- £50 Spending Money to experience the Rides and attractions and to purchase Christmas market goodies
- Ice Skating at Somerset House for two adults and two children (d)
- Lunch at Roast Restaurant Borough Market for two adults and two children (e)
- London Eye Flight for two adults and two children (d)
- The Original London Ghost Walk for two adults and two children (d)
- Evening Meal at Rules Restaurant - London's Oldest Restaurant for two adults and two children (f)
(a) Travel is subject to availability at the discretion of the organiser. Travel will be by train, must be off peak and booked in advance. Winner must travel before 3rd January 2010. Travel over Christmas and New Year is excluded.
(b) Hotel is classed as a 4 Star and is based on two adults and two children sharing a 2 bedroom suite with ensuite bathroom on a bed and breakfast basis. Stay must cover a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night only and cannot be taken Monday to Thursday.
(c) Subject to availability at time of booking. Specifications may be subject to change. Available on selected dates only, dates offered are to be advised.
(d) Subject to availability at time of booking.
(e) Family to enjoy a two course lunch including one soft drink per person.
(f) Family to enjoy a three course evening meal from the a la carte menu including two soft drinks per person.
4. Prize is subject to availability with no cash alternative; also non-transferable and non-refundable.
5. The prize draw is open to all UK residents, except employees of Home Retail Group, and their immediate families, agents, affiliates or anyone involved with the prize draw
6. To enter the prize draw you will be asked to provide your name and contact details.
7. The information you provide here will be safeguarded under the Data Protection Act and controlled by Home Retail Group
8. The prize draw ends on 17th November 2009
9. The winner will be notified via e-mail or telephone by Argos, within 14 days of the closing date.
10. The winning entry will be selected by an independent judge and the judge's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. Use of a false name or address will disqualify any applicant from receiving the prize
12. The winner may be required to participate in post-event publicity arranged by or on behalf of the promoter
13. Alternatively entries can be sent by post to Wolverine at the address below. Please include your full postal address. No responsibility can be accepted by the Promoter for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered
14. Promoted by Argos Distributors Limited, 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Saxon Gate West. Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW
15. Details of the winners can be requested by sending a SAE to the address above after the closing date