New Year's Eve break in NewcastleGateshead plus £100
Linked by seven bridges, Newcastle (on the north bank of the Tyne) and Gateshead (on the south bank) have been transformed into a single visitor destination: NewcastleGateshead (a bit like Buda and Pest joining to become Budapest). And there's plenty to entice you for a visit.
With a rich arts and cultural heritage, great architecture and shopping, thriving nightlife and a world-class programme of festivals and events, NewcastleGateshead is now a leading city break destination. When better to visit than New Year's Eve, when you can witness the finale of the 2008 Winter Festival?
As well as the regular winter activities, such as ice rinks, pantomimes, theatre, concerts and winter markets, NewcastleGateshead Winter Festival once again presents three (free) special elements: Glow, Enchanted Parks and Glowmobiles. Visitors can expect illuminations of some of the city's oldest buildings, magical performances in Saltwell Park and a parade of glowing 'art cars' to celebrate New Year's Eve. (For a full list of events happening in NewcastleGateshead visit newcastlegateshead.com).
To make your start to 2009 memorable we're offering a spectacular New Year's Eve city break to NewcastleGateshead. The winner will receive a trip for two to NewcastleGateshead, with one-night's executive accommodation on New Year's Eve at the Hilton Newcastle Gateshead. Also included in the prize is a table for two on New Year's Eve at the Hilton's New Year's Eve event in the Windows Restaurant overlooking the River Tyne. The Hilton is a mere 10 minutes' walk from the city centre, and boasts a whirlpool spa and pool, health club, restaurant and bar.
Start 2009 with breakfast at Hilton hotel and spend the rest of the day exploring the city. You could stroll along the NewcastleGateshead Quayside and enjoy stunning views of the seven bridges across the river including the iconic Tyne Bridge and Gateshead Millennium Bridge. Or sit at the Angel of the North's feet. Or admire the impressive Georgian architecture of Grainger Town, an area boasting excellent boutique shops and lovely cafes. There's no end of options to keep you busy.
We will also give you up to £100 to cover your travel costs. Interested? Then enter your details below.
1. The Newcastle Gateshead competition (the "Competition") is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
2. The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of Guardian News & Media Limited ("GNM"), their family members or anyone else connected to the Competition.
3. Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Competition, fill in the boxes on this page as requested and click the 'Submit' button.
5. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
6. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
7. The Competition closes at midnight on Friday November 28 2008.
8. The winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will receive a trip for two to Newcastle Gateshead including one night's accommodation in a superior double room at the Hilton Newcastle Gateshead on New Year's Eve, a meal for two from a set menu (excluding drinks) on New Year's Eve at the Hilton's New Year's Eve event in the Windows restaurant and breakfast on New Year's Day. Spending money of £100 is also included. Travel costs, transfers, travel insurance, meals, living expenses and any other costs not specifically associated with the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
10. The winner will be notified by phone or email by midnight on Friday December 12 2008.
11. Details of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: The Guardian Marketing Department, 119 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3ER.
12. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. GNM accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize, including, without limitation, meals, living expenses, insurance and transfers.
13. GNM retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
14. The winner may be required for promotional activity.
15. No purchase necessary.
16. GNM accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. GNM further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. Nothing shall exclude the liability of GNM for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
17. GNM reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control.
18. The promotion will be governed by English law. Promoter: Guardian News & Media Limited, 119 Farringdon Road, London EC1R 3ER, UK