A VIP package for two to the BBC Proms in The Park (London Hyde Park)
NS&I are the Premium Bonds people (they do lots of other investment products too and are HM Treasury backed - hopefully that's still a good thing!).
NS&I has enjoyed a close relationship with the world of classical music for many years now as sponsors of the Classic FM Morning Show, The Classical BRIT Awards and BBC Proms in the Park events. Like classical music we have a very rich heritage, looking after the nations savings for almost 150 years.
We are extremely proud to sponsor the BBC Proms in the Park events once again this year. It takes the Last Night of the Proms celebrations to London, Belfast, Swansea and Glasgow, ensuring that thousands of people around the country can take part in the biggest musical party of the season. Thousands more can join in the fun at one of the BBC Big Screens around the country. And this year BBC Proms in the Park will feature the grand finale to the BBC Two series, 'Maestro'.
To celebrate our sponsorship, we are delighted to offer you the chance to win a VIP package for two to the London Hyde Park event on 13 September 2008 to enjoy performances by Jos?arreras and Lesley Garrett. To make sure you have a truly memorable time we're throwing in return travel, an overnight stay in London's prestigious Dorchester Hotel, a backstage tour, two tickets and your own luxury picnic hamper to enjoy in the park.
We're also giving away four runner-up prizes of two tickets to a BBC Proms in the Park event of your choice, complete with luxury picnic hamper.
Answer: £1 million
Terms and Conditions Back to top
1. The draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, other than any employee of NS&I or its agencies, or any member of such a person's immediate family. Only one entry per person and per household will be accepted. Entries sent in through agents or third parties will not be entered into the competition.
2. No purchase necessary. All entries are free and must be received no later than midnight, 22 August 2008. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by NS&I. Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries may be treated as invalid.
3. The prize comprises one pair of tickets with passes for a backstage tour, to BBC Proms in the Park, Hyde Park, in London on Saturday 13 September 2008 and includes travel to the event on Saturday 13 September 2008, overnight accommodation, luxury picnic hamper and return travel on Sunday 14 September 2008. The accommodation will be at The Dorchester Hotel, Park Lane, London in a double or twin room on the night of Saturday 13 September 2008, with breakfast for two on the morning of Sunday 14 September 2008. The winner will be responsible for any other costs ensuing from their stay at the hotel. The following travel expenses are included: standard class return ticket[s] from the winner's nearest mainland rail station to Marble Arch, London Underground station.
4. The 4 runner-up prizes comprise of a pair of tickets per runner-up to the BBC Proms in the Park event of the winners choice and a luxury picnic hamper. The runner-up prizes do not include travel to the event and the winners will be responsible for their travel expenses and any other costs incurred.
5. One winner and 4 runners-up will be drawn at random on or before 3 September 2008 and will be notified by email or telephone normally no later than 5 September 2008. The tickets will be posted to the winners. If a runner-up prize remains unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the winner then another entry will be randomly chosen and the winner notified accordingly. If the first prize remains unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the winner then the first-runner-up drawn will be entitled to the first prize, and another runner-up will be drawn at random from the remaining entries to receive the fourth runner-up prize.
6. The prize is subject to availability and is not transferable or negotiable. No cash alternative will be offered for any prize in whole or in part. NS&I reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
7. By entering into this competition the entrant agrees to be bound by its rules. Entries that do not comply in full with these rules will be disqualified.
8. NS&I reserves the right to publish the name of the prize winner and 4 runners-up on the NS&I website only. This will be made available on or before 6 September 2008.
9. NS&I's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. NS&I reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose this free competition without prior notice in the event that unforeseen circumstances make this unavoidable.
The Promoter is National Savings and Investments, 375 Kensington High Street, London, W14 8SD.