Dinner and overnight stay
There is nothing more comforting and tempting than modern rural British food, cooked simply but exceptionally. The recipes in Cooks Country are delicious, seasonal and very classy; just what you'd expect from Matt Tebbutt, the chef behind "Britain's best food pub" (The Saturday Telegraph).
For each month of the year Matt brings us hearty dishes - from home-soused herrings with black pepper and cr? fr?he to Longhorn rib-eye steak with crispy onions and saut? field mushrooms.
Matt is one of the brightest new stars in the culinary world as resident chef on BBC2's Castle in the Country and co-presenter of UKTV Food's Market Kitchen.
To celebrate the publication of Cooks Country, Mitchell Beazley are offering one lucky winner and a companion the chance to have dinner at Matt Tebbutt's gastropub, The Foxhunter in Monmouthshire, as well as an overnight stay at the pub.
1. No purchase necessary. Please enter your name, email address and contact number in the spaces provided. Only one entry per person allowed. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the closing date of 2nd January 2009 at 11:59 PM. All entries shall become the property of Waterstones.com, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and residents of the UK or Ireland.
4. There will be one prize winner, who will win a meal for two at The Foxhunter restaurant in Monmouthshire and an overnight stay. Travel is not included. The date will be decided in conjunction with the winner.
5. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
6. Subject to availability.
7. No cash alternative will be offered. The prize is non-transferable.
8. A random draw will take place on the morning of 5th January 2009 to select the winner. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email, and will need to respond by midnight 10th January 2009 as to whether they are able to accept the prize. If a selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
9. This competition is not open to employees of Waterstone's, any HMV Group plc company, Octopus Publishing Group or their immediate families.
10. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by Waterstone's, without payment or compensation.
11. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
12. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
13. a) All entries become the property of Waterstone's, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the web site during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Waterstone's on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any web site, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Waterstone's reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Waterstone's corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Waterstone's reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. b) Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/Guardian for children aged 15 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (eg 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Waterstone's FOXHUNTER Competition Winner to Waterstones.com, Capital Court, Capital Interchange way, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 0EX after 10th January 2009. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By clicking on the Submit button above you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
17. Mitchell Beazley has organised this prize draw in good faith and does not accept liability relating to the prize.
Promoters: Waterstone's and Mitchell Beazley.