One reader and three friends to visit the home of Cockburn’s, in the Douro Valley in northern Portugal.
- Return flights for four people from the UK to Porto, Portugal
- Car hire for the duration of your stay
- 4 Nights accommodation in the 5 star Crowne Plaza Porto Hotel
- Breakfast for four people each morning in the hotel restaurant
- If the trip is taken after April 2017 a tour and tasting of winner’s choice for four people at the Cockburn’s Port Lodge. Includes: Informative guide and tour of the grounds, History of Port, Description of different types of Port, The process of making port, A tasting of winner’s choice
- If the trip is taken after April 2017 a picnic under the vines for four people at the Cockburn’s Port Lodge. Contains: Breads, cheese, hams, pates, crisps, olives, pasties, one glass of wine and one glass of Cockburn’s Special Reserve or 10 Years Tawney
- Douro Valley day trip for four people. Includes: Lunch, River cruise
- £500.00 Spending money
- Travel insurance
1. Travel is subject to availability at the discretion of the organiser and excludes Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Easter, School Holidays and Bank Holidays (both UK and Portugal).
2. Departure airport used will be dependent on the direct availability from the winners nearest available international airport, which may not necessarily be the closest. Non UK passports holders may need a visa for this destination, which they should arrange with the Embassy at their own expense. Includes all taxes and surcharges.
3. Driver must be over the age of 25 and have held a full clean driver’s licence for a minimum of 2 years. Fully inclusive refers to unlimited mileage, collision damage waiver, theft protection, local taxes and airport fees. Driver must also hold a valid credit card (not debit card) with a minimum of between £500- £1,000 (dependant on car hire company) available for security deposit, which is refundable upon safe return of the vehicle.
4. Hotel is classed as a 5 Star and is based on four people sharing two twin or double rooms (winner’s choice) with ensuite bathroom on a bed and breakfast basis.
5. Tour and tasting at Cockburn’s Port Lodge will last up to 1 hour subject to availability. Must be booked in advance. Tasting is winners choice up to €20.00 per person. Alcohol will only be served to those over 18.
6. Contents of picnic may vary and must be ordered in advance. Alcohol will only be served to those over 18.
7. Douro Valley day trip will last a full day subject to availability. Children must be accompanied by an adult and should be aged 4-11.
8. Travel insurance is subject to normal terms of acceptance. Pre-existing medical conditions may not be covered. No age restrictions apply.
9. All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them. As the lodge will be closed between November 2016 and April 2017 the tour and picnic at the Port Lodge will not be available if the winner chooses to take the trip during this time.
One reader and a friend to visit Lapland in Finland.
- Return flights for two people from the UK to Ivalo, Finland
- Return snowmobile transfers from the airport to the resort
- 3 Nights accommodation for two people in a Kelo-Glass cabin
- Half board accommodation including: Breakfast and Dinner
- Husky Aurora Hunt for two people. Includes: Transfers, Thermal clothing, Winter boots, Gloves, Hot drinks
- Nordic ski lesson for two people. Includes: Professional instructor, Skiing equipment, Thermal clothing
- £500.00 Spending money
- Travel insurance
1. Travel is subject to availability at the discretion of the organiser and excludes Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Easter, School Holidays and Bank Holidays (both UK and Finland).
2. Departure airport used will be dependent on the availability from the winners nearest available international airport, which may not necessarily be the closest. A direct flight cannot be guaranteed. Non UK passports holders may need a visa for this destination, which they should arrange with the Embassy at their own expense. Includes all taxes and surcharges.
3. Transfers will be private and not shared with other passengers. Thermal clothing, winter boots, gloves, snowmobile mask and helmets are provided.
4. Accommodation is based on four people sharing a Kelo-Glass cabin on a half board basis including breakfast and a three course dinner. Current Kelo-Glass cabins available dates are between 22 August – 31 October 2016 (Summer) and from 1 November 2016 – 30 April 2017 (Winter). New dates will apply in 2017-2018.
5. Aurora hunting with Huskys will last approximately 2 hours subject to availability. Includes thermal clothing (sizes are subject to availability), winter boots, gloves, mask and helmet plus a hot drink. Based on 2x people in their own sleighs. Available between 1 November – 30 April.
6. Nordic skiing lesson with instructor will last approximately 1 hours subject to availability. Skiing equipment and thermal clothing (sizes are subject to availability). Skiing takes place between October – May.
7. Travel insurance is subject to normal terms of acceptance. Pre-existing medical conditions may not be covered. No age restrictions apply.
8. All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them.
A professional chef and waiters to your home to prepare the Christmas dinner on the 25th December for you and up to 10 family members.
- Christmas dinner prepared by a professional chef for up to 10 people on Christmas day 2016 in winner’s own home. Includes:
- 1x Chef
- 2x Waiters
- All food and ingredients
- 4x Courses including a cheese board served with Cockburn’s Port
- 1x Glass of champagne per adult, half a bottle of wine per adult
- Linen and napkins
- Crockery and glasses
- Extra oven if required
- Dinner on Christmas day includes chef and waiters time and travel, all ingredients excluding certain high cost ingredients such as foie gras, oysters, caviar, lobster, certain cuts of beef, truffles etc. Menu will be agreed with the winner. Chef may use winner’s equipment and utensils
- Dinner will take place at winner’s home which must be in mainland UK.
- All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them.
Presents for the family
- Presents for the family. Includes:
- Apple watch sport for Dad
- Michael Kors watch for mum
- 16GB iPad Mini 4 wifionly for granddad
- L’Occitane gift set for grandma
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poe’s X Wing Fighter for him
- Frozen 10” Cross Scooter for her
1. Should these products be unavailable at the time of purchase for the winner, the NDL Group reserves the right to substitute with an alternative of equal or greater value. Specifications are subject to change from the manufacturer without notice.
2. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
3. Prizes will be delivered before Christmas Day subject to NDL receiving confirmation of the delivery address from the winner by 16th December 2016.
RUNNERS UP PRIZES
7. Gifts, prizes and other promotional items are not transferable, may not be re-sold and are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to substitute any such gift, prize or item with a gift, prize or item of equal value.
8. The name and county of the prize winner will be available after the closing date by submitting a written request to the Promoter.
9. Entrants agree to provide reasonable cooperation to allow the Promoter to use the name and/or likeness of the winner for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with this Promotion including but not limited to publication of the winner's name and photograph on the Promoter’s websites. In addition, by submitting an entry and in consideration of the Promoter granting a right to enter the Promotion, entrants agree to grant the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any materials contained in the entry (including but not limited to text, images or video materials) (the “Materials”) worldwide and/or to incorporate the Materials in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in the Materials. By submitting Materials to the competition, an entrant:
a. warrants that the Materials are its own original work and that it has the right to make them available for all the purposes specified above; that it does not infringe any law; that it is not obscene or libellous; and that it does not violate the rights of any third party;
b. agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of a breach of the above warranty;
c. agrees to waive any moral rights in the Materials for the purposes of its submission to, and publication by, the Promoter and the purposes specified above.