Product: Win a £150 hotels.com voucher
Name the place and win a £150 voucher from Hotels.com, letting you stay at thousands of hotels worldwide.
1. You’d better love a crowd if you visit this city. Pack into a stadium to watch a sport left by one colonial power…
2.… or join millions sent into a religious fervour by another.
3. Try and find a seat in the curious hybrid that makes up the city’s public transportation – or simply see if you can squeeze into a pair of size 8s. Name the city.
My answer: Manila, Philippines
1. The man catching the ball Is playing for the Philippine national baseball team, Rizal Memorial Baseball Stadium Manila. The BFA on the cap of the umpire is Baseball Federation of Asia.
2. The Black Nazarene (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Nazarene)
3. The transport is the Jeepney, the shoes a reference to Imelda Marcos, and slightly thrown here by the Shoe museum which is in Marikina City. Marikina City is one of the cities that comprise Metro Manila.
4. Is a Jeepney ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeepney )
This week’s winner will receive a £150 voucher from Hotels.com which can be used at more than 120,000 places to stay across the world, from quirky B&Bs and family bolt holes to boutique hotels. Hotels.com customers can get a night free for every 10 stayed with its rewards scheme.
Email your answer by Thursday 10 May to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a postcard, with address and phone number, to Viewfinder, The Observer, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU.