Win a holiday for two at Kumlubük Bay,Turkey
Where are you? December 2013
Get a taste for the sun-blessed flavours of Turkey on a lush estate in the hills above Kumlubük Bay on the south-west coast. As well as shady gardens, an infinity pool and a spa, The Dionysos Estate has an organic farm which supplies fresh produce, including award-winning extra-virgin olive oil, to its three restaurants. Enter this month's Where Are You? competition and you could win a holiday for two here. The prize, worth more than £2,000, includes seven nights' accommodation for two, breakfast, flights from London or Manchester to Dalaman, transfers, a day at sea on a Gentleman's Boat with lunch provided, and dinner for two at the Sea Club restaurant. The holiday must be taken in May, June or October 2014 excluding school and public holidays
To enter, identify the location on page 186 and submit below or send in your entry to arrive by 31 December. Correct answers will be placed in a random prize-draw. All correct entries will also be included in the Grand Prize draw at the end of the current competition period (1 October 2013-30 September 2014).
Clue: When it comes to apiarian accommodation, this is the bee's knees. These mobile wooden units provide well-designed social housing for their industrious occupants: cool in the summer, cosy and warm during winter, and with colour-coded front doors that make returning home easy after a hard day's graft in the fields. The beehives played an important part in local folk art: they were often painted with Biblical imagery and then, after organised religion was banned, with imaginative rural scenes such as woodland animals turning the tables on their hunters. Luckily, the native bee, a grey-haired specimen, is protected. This country has long been a nation of beekeepers. In the 18th century, two men helped pioneer the scientific study of the insects (one went on to run the Empress Maria Theresa's beekeeping school in Vienna), and many of their findings are still of use today. If you like honey on your toast in the morning, you'll be spoilt for choice, with varieties including acacia and flower, linden and spruce. Then you can toast the bees with locally brewed honey beer, and book in a bio honey massage - just the treatment to feel like a queen bee yourself. Where are you?
Identify the country where the photograph on page 186 of the December 2013 issue was taken.
The photo and my answer is in comment #1
Enter your details, Good luck!
Thank you for entering this competition, and good luck!
1. Entries for Condé Nast Traveller's Where Are You? competition can be sent on a postcard, by e-mail or on-line (all stating the entrant's full name, address and telephone number), and must correctly identify the place described according to the instructions given. Entries by post should be sent to: Where Are You? competition, Condé Nast Traveller, Vogue House, 1 Hanover Square, London W1S 1JU. E-mail entries should be sent to email@example.com.
2. Each month's entry must arrive no later than the last day of the month on that issue's cover. Condé Nast Traveller is not responsible for late, lost or damaged mail or e-mail. Illegible or mechanically reproduced entries are not eligible. Entries by text message are not eligible.
3. Only one correct answer will be registered per entrant per month. Each registered correct answer is eligible for the Grand Prize draw. So contestants who have one registered correct answer at the end of the competition period (1 October 2013) will have one entry in the Grand Prize draw; contestants with two registered correct answers will have two; and so on.
4. One Grand Prize winner of the current Where Are You? competition will be chosen, by 1 October 2013, in a random draw of qualified entries that have correctly identified locations in the competitions published in issues dated between October 2012 and September 2013. The winner will be notified within 14 days of the draw. If the winner cannot be contacted within 30 days, an alternative winner may be chosen. All decisions by the Editor are final.
5. The competition prize is not transferable. No substitutions for the prize will be allowed. Travel insurance is not included.
6. The Where Are You? competition is open to readers of Condé Nast Traveller who are 18 or older on the date of entry, except for employees of Condé Nast Publications, participating promotional agencies, contributors to Condé Nast Traveller, and the families of any of the above.
7. All entries to the Where Are You? competition become the sole property of Condé Nast Traveller and will neither be acknowledged nor returned.
8. Acceptance of the prize constitutes consent for the use of the winner's name and likeness and those of his/her travelling companion for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes.
9. Condé Nast will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or expense incurred by a prizewinner or by his or her travelling companion (for example, costs of repatriation) as a consequence of any party participating in providing the prize travel package becoming insolvent or entering into liquidation or bankruptcy.
10. Contestants, by entering the competition, agree to be bound by the above rules, terms and conditions. Please indicate if you do not want to be added to our mailing list, which is sometimes made available to carefully screened companies.
11. Only one entry per household