win £1,000 worth of Waitrose vouchers
Suggest a creative new cheese flavour for your chance to win £1,000 worth of Waitrose vouchers and see your cheese in store!
Two runners up will also each receive £250 worth of vouchers. Competition closes 23.59 on Thursday 17 July.
Thank you for submitting your flavour suggestion! Our panel of judges are busy testing your brilliant entries. Winners will be notified by December 2014
Official Rules 1. To enter: complete your details, including your cheese flavour suggestion as directed on the Waitrose Facebook page or via waitrose.com/cheesecompetition. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any incomplete, invalid, or illegible entries, or entries which fail to be properly submitted. Entry into this competition implies acceptance of these conditions.
2. Entrants must be UK (excluding Northern Ireland) residents, at least 18 years of age, and not employees of the John Lewis Partnership, their immediate families or anyone else connected with the promotion.
3. Participants may enter as many times as they wish, this is not a random draw, so bulk entries offer no advantage.
4. No automated entries permitted.
5. All entries must be submitted by 23.59 on Thursday 17 July 2014. Illegible entries or those not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted for any entries that are incomplete, invalid or fail to be properly submitted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion.
6. There will only be one (“Winner”) and two runners-up (“Runners-up”).
7. Ten entries will be shortlisted from all eligible entries by Waitrose and Wensleydale Creamery. A panel of judges will then select three entries according to originality, flavour and commerciality. A finalist will then be selected by Waitrose Facebook fans.
8. Winners will be notified by email by Monday 01 December. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners, however, if the promoter is unable to contact a winner within a reasonable period, an alternative winner may be chosen, subject to the same terms and conditions specified herein.
9. If the winner of the prize is unable to take up the prize for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
10. We will only disclose winners’ details to a governmental body or agency.
11. The winner will receive £1000 worth of Waitrose/John Lewis vouchers. The winning cheese will be produced and sold in participating Waitrose branches throughout the UK in late 2014 / early 2015. Two runner up prizes of £250 Waitrose/John Lewis vouchers will be awarded to the second and third place flavour suggestions. No cash alternative will be offered and no royalties will be given to the winner of the competition. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one equivalent or of greater value. Waitrose and partners accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury caused by any prizes won.
12. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. Please note that if the same flavour is suggested more than once by entrants, only the first person to have submitted their entry will be selected and be eligible to win.
13. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable press or PR activity related to the competition. Winners and/or entrants and their names and/or area and/or entries may printed by Waitrose. Winners and their names and/or area and/or entries may also be featured on the Waitrose Facebook and Twitter channels.
14. By submitting a flavour suggestion each entrant: (a) warrants and represents that the flavour suggestion is original to him/her and has been legally obtained and created, and (i) does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; (b) grants the promoter a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual licence to edit, copy and reproduce the flavoured cheese; and (c) agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the promoter against any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities relating to trade mark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation.
15. If events occur that render the promotion or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond Waitrose’s reasonable control, it may, at its discretion, vary or amend the promotion accordingly and the promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in such circumstances.
16. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control.
17. The promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
18. This promotion and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
19. Waitrose and partners are responsible for the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition.
20. We will never release your personal details to any company outside the John Lewis Partnership for mailing or marketing purposes, unless you opt-in to receive information and offers. In this instance, personal details are used for the purposes of awarding the competition prizes only.
21. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that by entering the competition you are providing your information to Waitrose and not to Facebook.
22. You must comply with all of the rules regarding the use of Facebook including but not limited to any rules relating to the entry of promotions on Facebook.
23. By entering the promotion you release Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion must be directed to Waitrose and not Facebook.
24. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion.
25. Promoter: Waitrose Limited, Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YA