9) Public Vote:
a. The 25 entries that are selected for the main competition judging panel’s shortlist will be presented to the general public to vote for their favourite on http://www.discoveryuk.com/web/mywb/competition.
b. The public will have to select the three entries they would like to vote for (via tick boxes), accept the voting terms and conditions, enter their email address and submit their vote.
c. Public voting will open on Monday 23rd June 2014 and close on Sunday 6th July 2014 at 23:59.
d. Voting open to UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over only.
e. The public vote will determine the final ranking of the 25 shortlisted entries: The entry that receives the highest number of votes will be ranked 1st and the entry that receives the lowest number of votes will be ranked 25th etc.
f. Each of the 25 shortlisted entries is guaranteed to win one of the 25 prizes detailed under Term 11 and will be notified of what they have won on or around Monday 7th July 2014.
g. One vote per person.
h. Any automated votes will be disqualified.
i. In the unlikely event of a tie for votes, the judging panel will have the casting vote.
j. Every eligible vote will be entered in to a separate prize draw. 25 winners will be selected at random by a random computer generated draw on or around Monday 7th July 2014. Prizes detailed under Term 13.
k. The promoter will allow shortlisted entrants and the public to promote and share finalist entries via social media but any such activity must not directly or indirectly purchase or reward votes in any way. No trading or incentivisation of votes or vote farming of any kind is permitted. Finalists and the public are also prohibited from seeking any services to obtain votes. All votes will be disqualified and uncounted in these instances. Any shortlisted entrant found to be in breach of this will be disqualified immediately at the promoter’s discretion.
l. Any winner found to be in breach of the above term once voting has closed will have their prize rescinded.
12) Public Vote Prizes:
a. 25 winners will each receive the prize below:
- 1 x Discovery Make Your World Bigger pack including
§ 1 x Trekking backpack
§ 1 x Water bottle
§ 1 x Head torch
The winners of the public vote prize draw will be notified by email within seven days of the public vote closing and must claim their prizes within 28 days or their prize will be lost. The promoter reserves the right to reallocate the prize to a reserve winner as necessary and there is no cash alternative.
13) In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
14) The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
15) Each prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part unless otherwise stated above. The prizes are subject to availability and in the event of circumstances outside of its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equal or greater value. The prize must be taken by the winner unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Promoter.
16) Entries or claims that are incomplete or late or those not in accordance with all the entry instructions are invalid. All submitted entries are the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
17) Winners’ names and counties will be available on the www.discoveryuk.com website for a period of three months.
18) No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
19) Entrants should send any questions regarding the competition or their entry to [email protected]
21) The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
22) Promoter’s details: Discovery Communications Europe Limited, Discovery House, Chiswick Park Building 2 London W4 5YB, United Kingdom.