PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read these terms & conditions (“Terms”) carefully. By entering the Promotion (as defined below), you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms. Please refer to paragraph 26 of these Terms which refers you to information explaining how we the data you provide us with when entering this Promotion will be used.
1. Subject to the provisions of paragraph 4 below, this promotion (“Promotion") is open to all persons over eighteen (18) years of age and who are resident in the Great Britain and/or Northern Ireland.
2. This Promotion is being organised and operated by Monster Energy Europe Limited of 30 Riverside Way, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 2YF (“Monster Energy”).
3. The Promotion is being conducted on the website at www.monsterenergy.com/costcutter-COD (the “Website”) and promoted through promotional material within selected Costcutter stores of Costcutter Supermarkets Group (“Retailer”) in Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
4. No employee or family member of an employee of Monster Energy or Retailer or their affiliated companies, subcontractors, agents or assigns or anyone else professionally connected with the Promotion is permitted to enter the Promotion.
5. By entering this Promotion pursuant to these Terms, each entrant (“you”, “your”, “entrant”) agrees to be bound by these Terms and by the decision(s) of Monster Energy, whose decision shall be final, in relation to all matters relating to the Promotion. No further correspondence will be entered into by Monster Energy.
6. All times and dates set out in these Terms refer to the times and dates in the United Kingdom. In the event of any dispute over the time or date of any entry submitted, the decision of Monster Energy shall be final.
7. The commencement date of the promotion is 00:01 on 18 November 2013 (“Commencement Date”) and the closing date for the promotion is 23:59 on 07 December 2013 (“Closing Date”).
8. Entrants may enter by acting in accordance with these Terms and submitting their details as directed on the Website.
9. For the avoidance of doubt a computer and internet access is required to enter this Promotion.
10. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure permission is gained from the owner of the computer and the individual who pays for the internet service provider. No refund may be claimed for expenses related to the use of an internet connection for the purpose of participating in this Promotion.
11. No purchase of any product is required to enter this Promotion.
12. Entrants are limited to one (1) entry per person and each entrant shall not submit or attempt to submit more than one (1) entry. Monster Energy reserves the right to refuse entry of any individual to the Promotion who submits or attempts to submit more than one (1) entry.
13. Entries will not be valid where they are made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices. Monster Energy reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to exclude entries it believes have been made using any automated entry techniques.
14. Each entrant that validly submits their entry as set out in paragraph 8will be entered into the prize draw, held within three (3) days of the Closing Date, for one of the following prizes:
14.1. the first five (5) valid entries to be pulled from the draw shall each win a Microsoft Xbox 360 console and a copy of the Call of Duty® Ghosts Xbox 360 game (PEGI 16) (“Prize”).
14.2. the next thirty (30) valid entries to be pulled from the draw shall each win a copy of the Call of Duty® Ghosts Xbox 360 game (PEGI 16) (each a “Runner Up Prize”).
15. Each potential winner of a Prize (“Winner”) or a Runner Up Prize (“Runner Up”) may be required to prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence and identity, which may include but is not limited to a copy of proof of residence, passport or similar government issued identification before receiving their Prize or Runner Up Prize. Failure to provide Monster Energy with this information within the reasonable timeframe set by Monster Energy may result in the relevant Winner and/or Runner Up forfeiting their Prize and/or Runner Up Prize and Monster Energy drawing another qualifying entry as soon as reasonably possible thereafter.
16. For the avoidance of doubt, all costs associated with a Prize or a Runner Up Prize, which are not specifically included and outlined in the definition of each Prize or Runner Up Prize at paragraph 14 above (including without limitation, tax, television, electricity, cables and controllers) will be borne solely by the Winner.
17. Each Winner will be notified telephonically via the telephone number provided to enter the Promotion within twenty eight (28) days of the Closing Date (“Notification”).
18. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified.
19. The delivery details of the Prize shall be determined by Monster Energy in its complete discretion. Details of delivery of the Prize (including but not limited to the time, date and location of delivery) shall be provided to the Winner within twenty eight (28) days of the Notification.
20. No entry shall be able to provide alternative contact information to that provided to enter the Promotion for any reason.
21. All entries are deemed to have been received at the time of entry into the Monster Energy’s database and not at the time when the entry is sent to the Website by the entrant.
22. If there is any dispute as to the identity of a Winner, the decision of Monster Energy shall be final.
23. Submitting the online entry form or any other form of evidence of submitting the online entry form is not proof that your entry has been received. Monster Energy accepts no responsibility for entries that are incorrectly completed, lost, delayed or which are not received for any reason.
24. The Prizes are as described and are not transferable, not exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in the event that a Winner is unable to claim the Prize for any reason whatsoever. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Monster Energy reserves the right to replace the entire Prize with prizes of equal or greater value.
26. Each Winner agrees to participate in reasonable publicity resulting from the Promotion if requested to do so by Monster Energy and each Winner consents to Monster Energy using their name, photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity relating to the Promotion.
27. The details of the Winner (including name and country of residence) may be made available on the relevant pages of the Website.
28. The Winners’ names will be available on written request for two months after the Closing Date.
29. To the fullest extent permissible by law, neither Monster Energy nor any of their affiliate companies, employees, directors, employees, agents, assigns or sub-contractors accepts any responsibility or liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant accessing the Website, entering the Promotion competition or as a result of accepting any Prize. Proof of sending is not accepted as proof of receipt. Monster Energy is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any delay or failure of any postal or equivalent delivery service, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the entrant´s or any other person´s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion. Nothing shall exclude Monster Energy’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury as a result of such entity’s negligence or any other liability that cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
30. Events may occur that render the Promotion itself or the awarding of any Prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Monster Energy and accordingly Monster Energy may, at its absolute discretion, vary or amend the Promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Monster Energy as a result thereof.
31. Monster Energy reserves the right to:
31.1. change the format of the Promotion and/or delay or postpone the Promotion or any stage(s), in whole or in part due to reasons beyond its reasonable control, without liability to the entrant; and
31.2. refuse entry of any individual to the Promotion or future events organised by Monster Energy;
31.2.1. where Monster Energy reasonably believes that the Prize has been transferred to a third party in whole or in part;
31.2.2. where an entrant has been disqualified from any Monster Energy competition or promotion within twelve (12) months of the Commencement date;
31.2.3. where Monster Energy reasonably believe such individual has not complied with these Terms; or
31.2.4. where such individual is ineligible to participate in the Promotion (or if participation in the Promotion should have been refused for any reason whatsoever).
32. Save as expressly set out in these Terms, Monster Energy has no liability for any costs or expenses that may be incurred by any entrant. The Winner will be liable for any tax chargeable in relation to the Prize.
33. It is advised that all entrants retain a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
34. The Promotion and these Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes (contractual or non-contractual) arising under or in connection with the Promotion or these Terms are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in England and Wales.
35. NOTE: Activision is not a sponsor of this Promotion. The "Call of Duty®" names, logos and/or materials are used for the purposes of promotion and/or In-Game Reward descriptions only and such use is not intended to suggest or imply Activision`s sponsorship of this Promotion.
Abridged terms for Artwork
Prize Promotion Terms: Over 18’s and residents of the GB and NI only. Promotion managed and administered by: Monster Energy Europe Ltd and closing date is 07.12.2013. Max 1 entry per person. There shall be a total of five winners of first prizes and thirty winners of runners up prizes. For entry, full prize details and terms and conditions see www.monsterenergy.com/costcutter-COD
Price Promotion Terms: £1 offer in selected Costcutter stores in GB and NI and applies to purchases of any 500ml can of Monster Energy drink. Price promotion is managed and administered by: Costcutter Supermarkets Group. Offer available from 18.11.2013 - 07.12.2013 (see shelf edge label for details). GAME © 2013 Activision Publishing, Inc. CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS and ACTIVISION are trademarks or registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.