1.COMPETITION MECHANIC AND HOW TO WIN
Entrants can register online by describing a problem or ‘man-emergency’ that they need help with.
Entrants will be contacted by a member of the Absolute Radio team and prize winners will be those who are brought on-air to explain their problem. There will be five prize winners in total and each week, from Monday 24th April 2017 and Friday 26th May 2017 between 06.00 and 10.00, a winner will be asked to discuss their problem on-air. Each prize winner will receive £1,000 in cash and a solution to their problem. The solution could take the form of advice from listeners/the studio or it could involve recruiting an expert or sending a member of the breakfast team to help.
The five winners will be chosen by a panel based on who has the most engaging and/or funny problem.
Entrants must enter the competition as explained above (i.e. by submitting their entry online) between the Start Date and the Online End Date. One winner will be chosen via a prize draw and will win £1,000. There will be no on-air aspect to this, and no solution offered to the winner’s problem.
2.Entry Platforms and Costs
Online at www.absoluteradio.co.uk
Online entry is free.
Start Date and End Date. Entries for the on-air and online-only elements of the Competition are open from Thursday 20th April 2017 at 00:00 (Start Date) to Sunday 21st May 2017 at 23:59 for the on-air element of the Competition (End Date) and to 23.59 on 26th May 2017 for the online-only element of the Competition (Online End Date).
Entries received before the Start Date or after the End Date / Online End Date will be invalid.
One of the five winners will be asked to discuss their problem on-air between 06.00 and 10.00 each week between Monday 24th April 2017 and Friday 26th May 2017.
For the online prize draw, the winner will be selected from all entries made after the Start Date and before the Online End Date. The winner will not be broadcast on-air.
Winner Announcement. The name and the home town of the five on-air winners will be announced each week on air during the Absolute Radio breakfast show. The online prize draw winner will be contacted via telephone on 30th May 2017 and their details will be made available online following the draw.
4. ENTRY RESTRICTIONS
• Open to all UK residents (of any gender) aged 18 years or over on date of entry.
• Our employees (and their family members) or employees of any company involved in the Competition, incl. the Prize Provider, must not enter.
5. THE PRIZE
All winners will win £1,000 – payment shall be made via an online bank transfer.
The Absolute Radio team will also seek to help the on-air winners with their emergencies. This solution can take any form ranging from offering advice provided by listeners/the studio, or recruiting an expert/sending a member of the breakfast team to help.
Please note, no solution is provided to the online-only winner.
The Prize is provided by Jacamo, part of JD Williams.
Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.
1. DATA PROTECTION. Names, email addresses, and /or telephone numbers (which, for all SMS competitions, will be shared with our SMS provider,) will be collected and used to process entries. Winner’s details may be given to the prize provider to arrange delivery of the prize. Your details may remain stored after the End Date but will not be used for marketing unless you have ticked an opt-in box on entry. If you have, your details will be used in accordance with the information given when you ticked the opt-in box and gave your consent. For more details, see: http://www.bauerdatapromise.co.uk/.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENTS. By entering this Competition, you are consenting to our use of your entry both to publicise this Competition, our radio station or any other radio station which we own or control. This means that we may use all names, images, descriptions, photographs video footage, and other information, which you’ve submitted on entry, in any media, without paying you and without any time restriction. You also agree that we may film, record or photograph you in connection with the competition and /or the Prize (if you win!). We will own these films, recordings or photographs and we may use them publicly, including on the internet, for our radio broadcasts and/or for any promotional purposes. You will also have waived any moral rights or right to payment that you may have had.
a. Entries that don’t comply with these terms won’t be accepted and you may be disqualified if we think you’ve breached them.
b. Participants may enter more than once
c. If there is a dispute about the operation of the Competition or correctness of any answers given, our decision is final and no discussion will be entered into on this subject.
d. The correct answers to questions must exactly match our answers to win.
e. We are not responsible if you fail to get through when you call / text to enter, or if you lose signal during a call.
f. You are responsible for all costs of entry.
g. You may be disqualified if you are incomprehensible, inaudible or if you appear to be driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners.
h. Whilst on-air, you must not make inappropriate or offensive statements.
i. As far as it is lawful to do so we exclude our liability for any losses suffered in connection with the Competition / the Prize.
j. We may cancel / amend / end / suspend the Competition if we need to do so due to circumstances outside our control.
4. CONTACT DETAILS. Any concerns? Please email: [email protected]
Concerns won’t be considered if made more than 14 days after the date the winner is announced.
Bauer Radio Limited is the promoter of this Competition, see: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-website-terms.html for details of our registered office and company number.