Locomotive Tickets x 2
In 2017 the railway celebrates 50 years since the formation of the charitable Trust (1967 - 2017) and to set the wheels in motion for this anniversary year, popular locomotive, Royal Scot, will steam in to the attraction and set off the new season in style.
Royal Scot, which was built in 1927, was the first in a new breed of steam locomotives, made by the LMS for their fastest passenger services from London to Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow. She was then rebuilt by British Railways in 1950 and went on to serve another 12 years in traffic on the West Coast Main Line. She was eventually retired in October 1962.
Royal Scot will be at the North Yorkshire Moors Railway from Saturday 25th March to Sunday 2nd April 2017 (excluding 27th & 31st March).
The North Yorkshire Moor Railway is one of the world’s greatest heritage railway experiences with thrills and family fun at its heart. Climb on board a steam or heritage diesel train and experience 24 miles of Yorkshire’s amazing scenery at this must-see visitor attraction.
1. The closing date is Sunday 26 February 2017 at 23:59. Winners will be contacted by 5pm on Friday 3 March 2017. Entrants must be 18 or over. One winner will receive 2 x Return Tickets to ride behind 46100 Royal Scot from Grosmont to Pickering and back.
2. Prize must be redeemed on the Royal Scot services from Saturday 25th March to Sunday 2nd April 2017 (excluding 27th & 31st March).
3. Winner will be selected at random from all entries received.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
6. Any personal data submitted with consent will be kept by the NYMR for sending out prizes.
7. By entering the competition, you automatically give consent for your name to be used for possible social media/marketing promotion (e.g. Facebook and on our website)
8. The winners will be contacted after the closing date by a member of the NYMR marketing team.
9. If a winning entrant cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the NYMR reserves the right to stand down that entrant and select another winner.
10. The North Yorkshire Moors Railway reserves the right to alter/cancel the competition without any warning.
11. The North Yorkshire Moors Railway reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, including altering or substituting the prize.