5 nights accommodation in a selected 3* hotel with half board within the Wildschönau region
70km of ski runs, quaint mountain huts and absolutely no stress! The Wildschönau was home to the very first ski lift in Tyrol, built in 1947. Nowadays the valley is a veritable insider tip for holiday makers looking for straightforward authenticity. The German Automobile Club ADAC voted the Wildschönau top alpine resort in the Small but Excellent category. Wildschönau has also won awards for its friendliness and for the best piste preparation in the Alps, and this winter the resort invested a total of 3 million Euro in new snow-making facilities in Niederau.
The nursery slopes in the villages are located so that proud parents can watch the triumphs of their offspring from the comfort of a sunny hotel terrace. On the Schatzberg and Markbachjoch Mountains at 1904m and 1500m altitude, more advanced skiers get their money's worth. They can test their skills on the 3km long Hochberg run, for example, voted ‘Best Black Run' by the Skiresort Service International. Those who can't get enough of skiing during the day can carry on by floodlight in the Roggenboden area in Oberau. Excellent restaurants, lively après ski bars and super accommodation complete your perfect winter holiday. And if all this is not enough, there is a wide variety of alternative winter sports such as tobogganing, sleigh rides, guided snow shoe treks and ski touring to keep you busy!
Question: When was the first ski lift built in Wildschönau?
Answer - 1947
Terms and conditions accepted *:
1. This prize draw is open to participants aged 18 years or over, except to employees of the Wildschönau and Austrian National Tourist Offices, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
2. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. Entries must be submitted via www.austria.info/uk and entry is restricted to one per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The winner will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a sealed envelope to 9-11 Richmond Buildings, London, W1D 3HF
4. All entries must be received by midnight of the 30th of November 2010.
5. The winners will be notified within thirty days of the closing date of the prize draw.
6. The draw will be made by an independent person and the promoter’s decision is final.
7. The prize as described is available on the date of publication.
8. One entrant will win a voucher for 5 nights accommodation in a selected 3* hotel with half board within the Wildschönau region. The voucher excludes use over major public holidays. The prize does not include travel insurance, personal expenditure or incidental costs. It is the responsibility of the prizewinner to ensure they have a valid passport and travel insurance and obtain any necessary vaccinations and visas for their trip.
9. The prize must be redeemed within one year of the voucher issue. All prizes are subject to availability. No cash alternative is available and the prizes are non-transferable.
10. Any personal data provided will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
11. The winner may be required to participate in publicity.
12. By entering this competition participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion. The entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
14. Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, you may enter the Competition as many times as you like. However, where a winner has been selected and the Austrian National Tourist Office discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has used any software or automated process either to answer questions or to make bulk entries, the Austrian National Tourist Office may select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
Promoter: Austrian National Tourist Office, 9-11 Richmond Buildings, London W1D 3HF