£500 of student goodies plus a Smartbox Gift Experience
It's the start of a new academic year and all your cash is going to the necessities of rent, food and textbooks, and there's not much left for life's little luxuries.
To make studying a little more comfortable, we've teamed up with Oxford University Press and Smartbox, to offer one lucky student their pick of practical goodies up to the value of £500, plus a Smartbox Gift Experience to help you relax when the studying gets too much. To be in with a chance of winning simply enter your details below.
Plus check out our OUP offer, where we have 30% off essential reference titles and see the full selection of Smartbox Gift Experiences. For even more savings, NUS students can get an extra 10% off all books on Waterstones.com until the end of September.*
Please note: the items shown in the image to the right are just examples of the type of prizes that can be selected by the winner - and do not constitute the prize as it will be awarded.
No purchase necessary.
1. No purchase necessary. Please enter your name, email address and contact number in the spaces provided. Only one entry per person allowed. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the closing date of 7th November 2010 at 11:59 PM. All entries shall become the property of Waterstones.com, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. Entrants must be over 18 years old and residents of the UK or Ireland.
4. There will be one prize winner, who will win £500 worth of student goodies which they can choose from a supplied 'menu' and a Smartbox Gift Experience - with a choice of EITHER Adventure, Table for Two or Zen & Spa.
5. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
6. Subject to availability.
7. No cash alternative will be offered. The prize is non-transferable.
8. A random draw will take place on the morning of 8th November 2010 to select the winner. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email, and will need to respond by midnight 15th November 2010 as to whether they are able to accept the prize. If a selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
9. This competition is not open to employees of Waterstone's, any HMV Group plc company, Oxford University Press, Smartbox or their immediate families.
10. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by Waterstone's, without payment or compensation.
11. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
12. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
13. a) All entries become the property of Waterstone's, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Waterstone's on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Waterstone's reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Waterstone's corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Waterstone's reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. b) Entries must be submitted by the named entrant and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (eg 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified. Only one entry will be accepted per email address used.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Waterstone's/OUP/Smartbox Competition Winner to Waterstones.com, Capital Court, Capital Interchange way, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 0EX after 15th November 2010. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By clicking on the Submit button above you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
17. Waterstone's, Oxford University Press and Smartbox have organised this prize draw in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.
Promoters: Waterstone's, Oxford University Press and Smartbox