Win a £500 shopping spree at M&S!
What year was M&S founded?
Please sign in/register, good luck!
Your answer was correct! You have been entered in to this prize draw. Remember you can enter this prize draw once each day so enter again tomorrow!
Terms associated with this competition:
About the [prize draw/competition]
1. The promoter of this [competition/prize draw] is Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW (“M&S”).
3. By entering the [competition/prize draw] [OR DESCRIBE ACTION THEY HAVE TO DO TO ENTER] you agree to the below terms and conditions, to be bound by the decisions of M&S and to receive email notifications from M&S in relation to the [competition/prize draw].
Entering the [prize draw/competition]
4. The free [competition/prize draw] is open only to all permanent residents of the United Kingdom. [OR The [competition/prize draw] is open to employees of the Marks and Spencer Group of Companies who are permanent residents of the UK and ROI only AND DELETE CLAUSE 8]
5. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
6. The [competition/prize draw] starts on [INSERT DATE/TIME].
7. To enter the [competition/prize draw] participants must [DESCRIBE WHAT PARTICIPANT MUST DO TO ENTER] before [INSERT TIME] on [INSERT DATE].
8. Employees or relatives of employees of Marks and Spencer Group of Companies (or any other company and/or agency connected with this prize draw) are not permitted to enter.
9. [Only one entry per [person/household]]. No entries on behalf of third parties will be accepted.
Choosing the winner
10. M&S will draw [NUMBER] winner[s] at random on [INSERT DATE] and the draw will be supervised by an independent person. [OR DESCRIBE HOW COMPETITION WILL BE JUDGED AND STATE THAT THERE WILL BE AN INDEPENDENT JUDGE] The prize will be awarded to the first correctly completed entry, drawn at random after the closing date.
11. M&S will notify the winner[s] by [INSERT TIME AND DATE] by [INSERT MEDIUM]. The notification will include details of how the prize can be accepted. If the winner does not confirm acceptance of the prize by [INSERT TIME AND DATE] another random draw will take place from completed entries and another winner will be selected
12. The winner[s] will [each] receive a [INSERT PRIZE DESCRIPTION] (the “Prize”).
13. [Each participant may only win one Prize.]
14. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and subject to availability. There is no cash alternative.
15. M&S’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the draw.
16. No responsibility will be taken for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected entries or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information.
17. M&S reserves the right to check the validity of any entry and the identity of any entrant or winner and to refuse entry or refuse giving the prize if M&S reasonably considers the entry and/or winner to be in breach of the terms and conditions.
18. [IF THE ENTRANT IS INTERACTING WITH US/ENTERING THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA: If M&S at any time considers an entry is inappropriate and/or fails to comply with its social media guidelines, or that the entrant has otherwise failed to comply with these terms and conditions, it may disqualify the entry.]
19. Prize details are correct at date of publication. M&S reserves the right to substitute any element of the prize with a prize of a similar nature and/or value should any original element of the prize become unavailable for any reason.
20. M&S reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the [competition/prize draw] if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the [competition/prize draw] is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of M&S that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the [competition/prize draw]).
21. Provision of this prize is subject to the winner signing a prize acceptance form. [PLEASE INFORM LEGAL IF THERE ARE ANY THIRD PARTY TERMS/ANYTHING ELSE THE WINNER NEEDS TO SIGN]
22. [The Prize will only be delivered to the address given on the entry form, which must be a [UK] address.]
23. The winner may be required, subject to their consent, to take part in reasonable post-[competition/prize draw] publicity for M&S which may include filming, photography or other recordings required by M&S or other third parties for publicity purposes and agrees to the use of their personal data for such purposes.
24. The entrant agrees to assign all copyright and intellectual property developed during this [prize draw/competition] exclusively to M&S.
25. The name and county of the prize winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope within one month of the notification date to [INSERT CONTACT DETAILS] Marks & Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW.
26. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way M&S’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Subject to that, M&S shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrant that is caused by: (a) technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the prize draw; (b) any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation of the Prize; (c) any act or omission of any third party; or (d) any other events beyond M&S’s control that may cause the prize draw to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the Prize in transit to the Winner.
27. If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
28. We will do our best to resolve any problems relating to the prize draw. This promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
© 2011 Marks and Spencer plc.