Win a 7-day trip to a Camp Beaumont, for you and three of your friends
Prize: There is one prize that consists of a trip for 4 children between the ages of 10 and 17 years old to attend a Camp Beaumont action adventure holiday. The prize includes all activities, full board, accommodation and a 7-night camp.
Entrants must be ten years old and above. Adults aged 17 and above may enter on behalf of a child between 10 and 17 years old.
To be in with a chance of winning a trip for you and three friends to a 7-night stay at Camp Beaumont, simply answer the following question.
Question 1 - What is the name of Discovery Channels very own Ultimate Survival Expert?
ANSWER: Bear Grylls
Additional Terms and Conditions Camp Beaumont Competition – 19th July 2014 – 31st August 2014
The following additional terms and conditions form part of the promotion information for the above promotion, and should be read in conjunction with Discovery’s Competition General Terms and Conditions: http://www.discoveryuk.com/the-loop/discovery-competition-general-terms-and-conditions
For the avoidance of doubt if there is any inconsistency between these additional terms and conditions and the General Competition Terms and Conditions, these additional terms and conditions shall prevail.
1. By entering this competition, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to have agreed to be bound by them.
2. The competition is open to UK residents excluding employees of Promoter and their families, the Promoter's agents or anyone professionally associated with the promotion. Only one entry per person.
3. Entrants must be ten (10) years old and above. Adults aged 17 and above may enter on behalf of a child between 10 and 17 years old.
4. Entrants expressly declare and represent that (i) they submit to English law and jurisdiction in participating in this competition and (ii) they are individuals and not a company or any professional and/or commercial entity.
5. The competition will run from 19th July 2014 to 31st August 2014. The closing time and date for receipt of entries is 23:59 on 31st August 2014.
6. By entering, the winners agree to participate in any publicity or promotional activities as may be reasonably required by the Promoter. Further the Promoter reserves the right to use the names of winners in any publicity.
7. Method of Entry: The competition can be entered for free online via the Promoter’s website http://www.discoveryuk.com/web/camp-beaumont/competition/. Entrants will be required to answer one multiple choice question.
8. Prize: There is one (1) prize that consists of a trip for 4 children between the ages of 10 and 17 years old “Competition Winners” to attend a Camp Beaumont action adventure holiday. The prize includes all activities, full board, accommodation and a 7-night camp. .
9. Prize conditions: i. Prize can be taken at selected Camp Beaumont centres and on selected dates, to be provided by Camp Beaumont to the Competition Winners, including summer and October Half term in 2014 and at Easter 2015. ii. Competition Winners must attend the same Camp Beaumont centre at the same time. iii. Prize cannot be used retrospectively or applied to existing bookings. iv. Offers valid only on 7-night Camp Beaumont holidays for 10-17-year olds. v. Activities, upgrades, special events and excursions subject to availability, age restrictions and camp location. vi. Camp Beaumont centres are available on the Isle of Wight, at Colomendy, West Runton and Dearne Valley. vii. The prize doesn’t include transport to and from Camp Beaumont centres. viii. All offers are subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. ix. Travel insurance is provided to the winner and companions by Endsleigh and full policy details can be found on Camp Beaumont website. x. Camp Beaumont’s Booking Conditions apply and can be found http://www.campbeaumont.co.uk/assets/Uploads/CB-2014-BookingConditions.pdf xi. The Competition Winners shall be solely responsible for any other expense incurred by the Competition Winners, which has not been expressly undertaken by the Promoter in these terms and conditions. xii. The Competition Winners and/or parents/guardians of Competition Winners agree that they undertake the Prize at their own risk. The Competition Winners and/or parents/guardians of Competition Winners understand that the Prize is being made available to the Competition Winners on condition that the Competition Winners and/or parents/guardians of Competition Winners will hold safe the Promoter from any claims or liability arising from any loss or damage, injuries, illness, loss or expenses arising from the trip or any part of the Prize.
10. The draw will take place on 8th September. The winner will be contacted by post, telephone or email within 2 days of the draw. The winner must claim their prize within 10 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these terms and conditions.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or modify the competition, modify these terms and conditions prior to the closing date, vary details of the prize, or substitute a prize of equivalent value should unforeseen circumstances require it. The Promoter is entitled to terminate or modify the competition or to modify these rules prior to the closing date by prior notice.
12. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and non-refundable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part. The prize is subject to availability and in the event of circumstances outside of its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equal or greater value. The prize must be taken by the winner unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Promoter.
13. The prize will be awarded to the first ten entry drawn at random from all valid entrants who have answered the question correctly. The decision of the judge will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Entries that are incomplete or late or those not in accordance with all the entry instructions are invalid. All submitted entries are the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
15. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
17. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
18. Promoter’s details: Discovery Communications Europe Limited, Discovery House, Chiswick Park Building 2 London W4 5YB, United Kingdom.