Discover the depths of the red sea courtesy of Monarch who have teamed up Emperor Divers to offer a fantastic 7 nights stay in Hurghada for two. The prize comes complete with a 3-day diving course giving you enough time to explore the area as well as the majestic oceans around the area of El Gouna – home to beautiful reefs and fascinating wreckages.
Simply pop your details in the form (scroll down on the comp screen) and answer the question to enter for a chance to win!
Handy hint: the answer you need to find is in the Guide to Diving in Hurghada infographic on the Monarch blog
Please note: Entrants must be 18 years-old+ and resident in the UK.
What does ‘Abu Nuhas’ mean in Arabic?
ANSWER: A) Father of Brass
Thanks for your entry! Don't forget to share this Sweepstakes with your diving partner and friends so they can enter too!
Monarch Hurghada Diving Guide Prize Promotion Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully
1. No Purchase or Payment is necessary to enter or win
2. Entry into this Prize Promotion is deemed full and unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions please do not enter this Prize Promotion. Please save or print a copy of this page to retain for your records.
3. Internet access and an email account are required to enter this Prize Promotion as detailed below.
About the Promoter
4. The Promoter, administrator and organiser of this Prize Promotion is Monarch Airlines Limited (Company No: 00907593) of Prospect House, Prospect Way, London Luton Airport, Luton, LU2 9NU alongside Emperor Divers (Company No. 5176) of Flat 204, 15 New Kawthar, Airport Road, Hurghada, Red Sea.
5. The Prize Promotion is open to UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) citizens and/or permanent residency holders. All Participants must be at least 18 years-old at the time of entering the promotion. Employees and their immediate families (being limited to spouses, parents and children) of the Promoter, their agencies and companies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
6. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Using a false name or address will result in disqualification
7. The Prize Promotion begins on 3rd July at 12:00pm BST and ends on 24th July at 11:59PM BST (the “Promotion Period”). Promoter shall be the official time-keeper for the Prize Promotion, and Promoter’s computer shall be the official time-keeping device.
1. OFFERPOP APPLICATION
8. To enter this competition via the Monarch blog www.blog.Monarch.co.uk and Offerpop, (a) Answer the multiple choice question ‘What does ‘Abu Nuhas’ mean in Arabic?’ and select from 1 (one) of 3 (three) answers using the Offerpop Application and (b) fill in the details required on the entry form ((a) and (b) collectively, an “Entry”). Entries posted in any other way will not be counted.
9. The Prize Winner will be selected at random by the Promoter using Offerpop’s from all the entrants who answer the question correctly within 7 working days of the closing date.
10. The Prize Winner will be selected at random by the Promotor from entrants who answer the question correctly. The winner will be contacted within 7 working days of the closing date.
11. For more information about Offerpop www.offerpop.com
12. Limit one (1) Entry per person. Entry must be on an email account unique to the Entrant. If more than one entry is received from the same account, or from a different email account by the same person, all such entries will be disqualified. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant's Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of automated entry or similar devices to participate or subvert the entry process is prohibited, and all entries submitted through such devices are void.
13. By submitting an entry, the Entrant consents to receive from the Promoter a reply message and, if applicable, an e-mail and/or phone call notifying such Entrant that he/she is the Prize Winner. (Message and data rates may apply. Entrants should contact their appropriate internet, wireless and/or phone service providers for complete details with respect to message and data rates both for sent and received messages.)
14. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are invalid, incomplete, illegible, lost or delayed in transit, or which fail to be properly submitted. Proof of sending does not constitute proof of receipt.
15. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries (as determined by the Promoter) will be deemed invalid. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. The Promoter retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
16. Entrants are solely responsible for the information they provide and views they express on the Promoter’s social media accounts. The Promoter is not responsible for the user-generated content provided and does not endorse any user-generated views expressed on these web sites.
17. Entries must not contain anything which is calculated to bring the Promoter or its associated companies into disrepute or that in any way violates applicable laws and regulations or network standards.
18. The Promoter is entitled to report and remove any user-generated content on the Promoter’s Facebook, Twitter or other social media accounts immediately and without notice if a user is in breach of these terms and conditions, are instructed to do so by any third party or if the Promoter, in its sole and absolute discretion, is concerned by any content provided. Users are solely responsible for creating backup copies of any content submitted.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any difficulty entrants may experience in navigating the website and Offerpop application.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of email address or proof of entry validity in order to claim the Prize. Proof of identification, email and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
21. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion refuse to accept an entry. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter may at its absolute discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the entry process or operation or to be acting in any manner disruptive to the promotion.
About the Prize
22. One (1) Random Draw will be conducted from among all eligible entries within 7 working days of the 24th of July 2014 from all Entry methods to select one (1) Prize Winner. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
23. The winner will be notified via email within 7 days of the closing date. The winner must contact the Promoter to claim their Prize within 7 days of the date of the email notifying them that they have won. If the winner does not claim their Prize within this timescale, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the runner up selected by the same judges. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements or these terms and conditions may result in forfeit of the Prize.
24. The Prize is non-transferable and is to be used by the registered Prize winner. No cash or other alternatives will be offered. There will be one winner only.
The Prize will consist of:
• Two return flight tickets on Monarch’s scheduled network departing from London Gatwick, Birmingham or Manchester airports to Hurghada International Airport.
• 7 nights’ accommodation in a standard twin/double room on a bed & breakfast basis in either Three Corners Ocean View (El Gouna) or the Resta Club Marina View (Marsa Alam)
• Return Hurghada airport transfers
• 3 days’ diving for qualified divers or a PADI/SSI Scuba Divers Course with Emperor Divers. The course includes include 2 dives per day with guide, tanks, weights and weight belt
25. The winner is responsible for expenses and arrangements (such as but not limited to flight extras, in-flight meals, pre-allocated seats, and transportation to the departing airport) not specifically included in the Prize. The diving course excludes course materials and certification fee upon completion.
26. This offer cannot be redeemed against any other service and the Diving Course must be used in conjunction with Monarch Airlines flights.
27. The Prize is inclusive of airport taxes. Booking is required for this Prize. The Prize is subject to availability and is not available, within 22.12.2014 – 07.01.2015 & 26.03.2015 – 15.04.2015, as well as during Christmas, New Year, school and Bank holidays. The Prize must be booked and taken by 28th January 2015. The booking method will be advised to the winner and Monarch will not accept Prize bookings via the Monarch.co.uk website. Any portion of a Prize not used by a Prize Winner is forfeited and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. All Monarch flight terms and conditions apply.
28. Monarch and Emperor Divers accept no liability for use of the Prize or any loss or damage which may arise from the prize promotion or use of the Prize. All Prize winners and their companions fully indemnify Monarch Airlines Ltd and Emperor Divers for any and all losses, liability, action, claim, proceeding, judgment, penalty, fine, damages, fee, cost, charge or expense (including, without limitation, legal fees and expenses) brought, claimed or asserted against Monarch Airlines Ltd or Emporer Divers or for which Monarch Airlines Ltd or Emperor Divers may be liable as a result of this prize promotion or of taking or using the Prize.
29. Compensation under Regulation 261/2004, Montreal Convention and any other applicable law is strictly excluded irrespective of the cause.
30. Prize winners must ensure that they have the correct travel documentation and obtain the relevant Visas. Such travel documentation is at the sole expense of the Winner. Failure to be granted a Visa and or have the necessary travel documentation will result in the Prize Winner forfeiting their Prize.
31. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion), and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or alter the Promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to Participants in order to avoid undue disappointment. If the promotion is cancelled a notice will be published on the Promoter’s social media pages.
32. The Prize Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, photograph and home town/city published on the Monarch blog, on the Monarch website and on the Monarch Twitter account, and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by the Promoter relating to any publicity.
34. After the notification date, the name of the winner will be available by sending a self addressed envelope to Monarch Hurghada Diving Guide, Monarch Airlines Ltd, Prospect House, Prospect Way, Luton, Beds, LU2 9NU, United Kingdom.
35. These terms and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these rules (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issue.