Very few places in the world compare to Cornwall for a chef. The quality of local ingredients, including the freshest seafood first brought Michelin Star chef Nathan Outlaw here, the place he now calls home. When his culinary expertise meets our brewing expertise, special things happen.
In 2016 Sharp’s Brewery and Nathan Outlaw are joining forces to offer six winners, plus a guest each, a unique Cornish collaboration on a Beer & Food Adventure. Firstly you’ll source your own ingredients, including catching your own fish. You’ll then visit our home, Sharp’s Brewery, for a tour and a master class in beer tasting to decide for yourself which beer will perfectly complement your dish. Finally we’ll add the perfect backdrop to this adventure by opening up a secret, remote Cornish location to make your dining experience truly incredible. Plus, there are loads of runner-up prizes to be won too, for those who just miss out.
1. Promotion/ Prize Draw open to UK and ROI residents aged 18 years or over excluding employees and immediate families of Sharp’s Brewery Limited (“Promoter”), its agents or its affiliates, participating venues or anyone else professionally associated with the promotion.
2. No bulk, third party or organised group entries will be accepted. Entrants may not enter more than once for the prize.
3. The promotional period begins on 1st January 2016 and all entries must be received by midnight on 1st January 2017 (‘Closing Date’). Entries received outside the promotional period will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
5. Internet and telephone access required.
6. To Enter, go to: www.sharpsadventure.co.uk/beer-food during the promotional period and complete and submit the registration form. Entrants must provide all personal details required on the entry form but no participant details will be shared.
7. 6 winners from all of the complete entries will be randomly selected by a third party. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Any data/telephone or other charges in entering are the responsibility of the entrant. Please check with your service provider regarding charges and/or if any such elements form a part of your service plan.
9. Consumers may not enter more than 1 time for the prize.
10. All prizes listed are available to be won.
11. The Prizes: 6 winners, plus a guest will win a day trip at a unique Cornish location where Nathan Outlaw will cook for all prize winners. There will then be a tour of Sharp’s Brewery followed by a master class in beer tasting. The trip will include travel and accommodation for 1 night for the winner and guest.
12. Prizes are the items stated only. All other costs or expenses relating to the prize (including but not limited to sustenance, insurance, travel insurance, personal expenditure, or incidental costs) are the responsibility of the winner unless expressly stated otherwise.
13. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission should the winner and guest breach any rules and regulations of the venue. The venue may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of guests.
14. Selection of winners will be carried out at random. Entrants who have not won prizes will not receive notification that they have not won. Winners will be notified by phone within 2 weeks of the closing date using the mobile phone number used for entry. The Winner will be asked for full name, address, proof of age, email address and other reasonable particulars of both the winner and their guest. If no contact is made a voicemail will be left requesting the winner to contact the Promoter. The Promoter will make 3 attempts to contact the winner. If no contact is made within 7 days from the Promoters last attempt to make contact, the Promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize to a runner up selected at random at the same time as the original winner. If the winner is unable to take up the prize for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
15. The prize date is yet to be confirmed but it will fall over a weekend where the winners must be available between January – April 2017. The prize is available to the winner only and not transferable, nor saleable, the winner must be in the party taking the trip.
16. The Promoter has discretion in all elements of the prize and the promotion generally and reserves the right to change dates and location of the prize.
17. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for any entries that fail to be included in the draw for any reason whatsoever.
18. If the promoter has reasonable grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the Prize Draw, choice of winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
19. Incomplete, illegible, delayed, photocopied, damaged or corrupt entries or those not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted. Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
20. With the exception of death or personal injury arising out of the Promoters negligence, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law, all liability whatsoever on the part of the Promoter for any costs, expenses, losses, damages, liabilities, injury or disappointment including any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings and whether special, direct, indirect or consequential suffered by you and/or your guests howsoever arising in connection with the promotion and/or prize are excluded.
21. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
22. No cash or other alternative prizes are available in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar prizes of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days of the request) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
24. The name and county of the prize winner will be available on www.sharpsadventure.co.uk and any Sharps Brewery Limited social networks from 2 weeks after the closing date until 31st December 2017.
25. By entering this Prize Draw you agree that any personal information provided by you will be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents solely for the purpose of the Prize Draw and the administration of the promotion, and for any other purpose the entrant has consented to. All personal information will be held and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
26. The winners agree that they may be required to participate in reasonable unpaid publicity activities arising from the Promotion and must procure the same from their guest. Promoter may require this agreement in writing.
27. By taking part in this promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
28. It is not the intention of the Promoter to use this promotion in any way to encourage excessive consumption of alcohol and participating outlets should be mindful of this when running the promotion.
29. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and encourages consumers to read www.drinkaware.co.uk for more information.
30. This Promotion/Prize Draw, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construes in accordance with English law. Entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion/ Prize Draw.
31. Promoter and Data Controller: Sharp’s Brewery Limited, Pityme Industrial Estate, Rock, Cornwall, PL27 6NU.