bottle of Sacred Gin and Sacred Vodka
Q: Where in London are Sacred gin and vodka distilled?
We’ve got a bottle each of Highgate’s finest vodka and gin worth £55 to be won.
Ian Hart produces the award-winning Sacred Gin and Sacred Vodka in the microdistillery at his home in Highgate, north London. The gin is unique in that all of the botanicals, including fresh cut citrus, are distilled separately in glassware under vacuum (the vacuum pump is in a former Wendy House in the garden!) at a very low temperature, eliminating the harsh marmalady and bitter flavours so prevalent in gins distilled at higher temperatures.
Sacred Vodka is made using the same process and this freshness is key to the distinctive character of Sacred Gin and Vodka: both can be enjoyed straight – according to GQ magazine, Sacred Gin is “a stand-alone sipping marvel,” – and make an excellent martini.
Hart has painstakingly developed the recipes and selects and distils all Sacred Gin and Vodka's botanicals himself. His gin is made to a secret recipe and contains 12 different botanicals including juniper, cardamom, nutmeg, and Boswellia Sacra (aka Hougary Frankincense) - hence the name. Sacred Vodka is distilled with a cubeb, an Indonesian spice that gives a warm, spicy flavour and, of course, Frankincense.
Sacred Gin and Vodka are available at over 50 outlets including Fortnum and Mason, Gerry’s Wines & Spirits, The Sampler, Vagabond of Fulham and Melrose and Morgan and online at http://www.thedrinkshop.com
We’ve got one bottle of Sacred vodka and Sacred gin to give away to one lucky Hot Dinners reader. All you have to do is answer this simple question:
* To enter, you must be:
(a) A UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
* The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Hot Dinners or Sacred Spirits.
* No purchase necessary.
* Only one entry per person.
* All entries must be made using the form above. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
* The winner will chosen at random from all those entrants who have selected the correct answer.
* The closing date for the competition is 9 January 2011
* If you win, we will notify you by e-mail. If we do not get a response to the email within two days, the prize will be offered to a runner-up. Our decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered. You can find out who has won a particular competition by contacting Hot Dinners through the "contact us" link.
* The prize is not exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
* If, for any reason, an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
* Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
* We will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.