Product: Win a Brompton S-type folding bicycle
To celebrate the publication of Heels on Wheels we're offering Waterstones customers the chance to win a Brompton S-type bicycle!
To put your cycling savvy to the test we are giving you the chance to win a Brompton S-type in Hot Pink! The Brompton is a bike which rides superbly, is safe, agile and fast, yet folds easily and quickly into a highly-compact and portable package. The prize for this competition is being provided by Velorution.
To enter simply tell us your own top tip for city cycling. Be creative, have fun and win yourself the hottest set of wheels in town!
NOTE: As per the T&C this is a random draw so anything sensible should suffice.
Then fill in your details. The bike costs from £700
Rules: Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Please enter your name, email address and contact number in the spaces provided. Only one entry per person allowed. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the closing date of 30/03/2012 at 11:59 PM. All entries shall become the property of Waterstones.com, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. Entrants and their travel companion must be UK or Ireland residents aged 18 years or over and in possession of a full UK passport.
4. There will be one prize winner, the overall winner will win a Brompton S-type bicycle. The winner will be able to collect their prize from a central London location or have it delivered to a UK address.
5. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
6. Subject to availability.
7. No cash alternative will be offered. The prize is non-transferable.
8. A random draw will take place on the morning of 06/04/2012 to select the winner. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email, and will need to respond by midnight 12/04/2012 as to whether they are able to accept the prize. If a selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
9. This competition is not open to employees of Waterstones, Abrams & Chronicle Books or their immediate families.
10. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by Waterstones, without payment or compensation.
11. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
12. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
13. a) All entries become the property of Waterstones, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Waterstones on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Waterstones reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Waterstones corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Waterstones reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. b) Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 15 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (eg 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified. Only one entry will be accepted per email address used.
14. For name/county of prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked "Heels on Wheels comp .com 30/03/2012 Competition Winner to The Waterstones Card, Capital Court, Capital Interchange way, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 0EX" after 23/04/2012. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By clicking on the Submit button above you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
Promoters: Waterstones and Promoters