The Prize Draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom excluding (a) anyone connected in a professional capacity with the Prize Draw and that person’s immediate family members, and (b) employees and contractors of Amazon EU Sàrl ("Amazon") and its affiliates and of the Prize Provider(s) (defined below). Entrants must be aged 18 years or older. Entrants are not required to be customers of Amazon. (Please note: at least one of the winner and their guest must be 21 or over ).
Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions (and any amendments to them) which are final and binding in all respects. Amazon reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Prize Draw if, in its sole judgement, the entrant has not complied with these terms and conditions, has tampered with the operation of the Prize Draw, or has engaged in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Amazon, the Prize Draw, or any other entrant.
There is one prize to be won (the “Prize”), consisting of :
(a) two tickets for the winner and one (1) guest to An Evening With Katherine Jenkins (“Event”) to be held at Subculture , 45 Bleecker Street New York, NY 10012 (“Venue”) at 8PM UTC on Thursday, 9 October 2014;
(b) return economy class flights for the winner and their guests from the nearest international airport to the winner’s home to JFK or Newark airport returning on Saturday, 11 October 2014;
(c) three (3) nights’ accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis for the winner and guest at Holiday Inn New York Soho, a 3 Crown hotel in Lafayette Street, New York (the “Hotel”); and
(d) return transfers between the winner’s home and departure airport; the arrival airport and the Hotel; and the Hotel and Venue.
1. At least one of the winner or their guest must be 21 or over as at Wednesday, 8 October 2014.
2. The Prize Provider will organise and confirm the flights, transfers and accommodation to be provided as part of the Prize [which will be arranged once the winner has been notified and accepted the Prize]. No refund or compensation will be given in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight or transfer. Travel and accommodation are subject to availability and both are subject to any additional terms and conditions of the relevant transport or accommodation provider. Neither Amazon nor the Prize Provider will replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets or travel documents.
3. The winner and their guest are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports, travel insurance and any other necessary travel documentation, including without limitation, travel visas.
4. Guest must travel together with the winner on all flights and on all transfers. The winner and guest will share a hotel room of either double or twin occupancy depending on preference.
5. The winner and guest are solely responsible for all ancillary expenses associated with the Prize, and their attendance at the Event, including but not limited to, any additional travel or baggage costs and the cost of food or drink purchased.
6. The winner and guest should arrive promptly at 8pm UTC at the Venue on Thursday, 9 October 2014. Failure to arrive promptly may result in the winner and guest being unable to attend the Event.
7. The winner and guest may be required to produce photographic ID in order to attend the Event.
8. The Prize carries no cash value and may not be transferred or substituted, except that Amazon may, at its sole discretion, substitute the Prize won with a prize of equal or greater value. Any unclaimed Prize remains the property of Amazon.
Opening/Closing Date & Time
The Prize Draw opens to entries on Monday, 21 July 2014 and closes at 23.59 GMT on Sunday, 10 August 2014 ("Prize Draw Period").
To enter, entrants must submit their name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number using the online form within the Prize Draw Period.
Amazon will only accept entries that are completed and submitted in the format designated. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. Duplicate entries are not permitted and will be disregarded. Proof of electronic submission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
Amazon will, in its sole discretion, select the Prize winners at random. The winners will be notified by e-mail within one (1) day of the end of the Prize Draw Period. The winner will have 48 hours from the time of notification to respond to Amazon and confirm acceptance of the Prize.
If the selected winner (or any substitute winner) is ineligible, cannot be reached, or fails to claim the Prize within 48 hours of notification, that winner (or substitute winner) will forfeit the Prize and it will be awarded to a substitute winner.
This process is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Non winners will not be notified. The name of the winner and their county of residence will be provided on receipt of a written request sent to [email protected]
within 30 days of the end of the Prize Draw Period.
By entering the Prize Draw you consent to Amazon passing your details to the Prize Provider and any relevant third party for the purpose of contacting you in the event you are a winner.
By accepting the Prize, entrants consent to the use of their name, county of residence, likeness and/or Prize information for promotional and other purposes without further payment, except where prohibited by law. A winner may be required to participate in Amazon's reasonable marketing and promotional activities and by entering into the Prize Draw you consent to participate in such activities in the event that you are a winner.
(a) Promoter: Amazon EU Sàrl, Société à responsabilité limitée, (Attention: UK Music Team, Katherine Jenkins Prize Draw), 5 Rue Plaetis, L-2338 Luxembourg.
(b) Prize Provider(s): Decca records, Beaumont House, Avonmore road, Kensington Village, London W14 8TS, (Company number: 0950138).
(c) Privacy Notice: All information submitted in connection with this Prize Draw will be treated in accordance with these terms and conditions and Amazon’s Privacy Notice.
(d) Waiver of Liability: Neither Amazon nor the Prize Provider(s) will be responsible or liable for: (i) any failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or other conditions beyond their reasonable control; (ii) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (iii) any disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond their reasonable control; or (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Prize Draw.
(e) General Release: By entering the Prize Draw you release Amazon, the Prize Provider(s), relevant third parties, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agencies, from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Prize Draw or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, except as prohibited by law.
(f) Amendment: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Amazon reserves the right to change these rules or cancel the Prize Draw at any time, in its sole discretion.
(g) Copyright: The Prize Draw and all accompanying materials are copyright protected by Amazon.com, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved.