20 minute passenger ride in a Spitfire + Airfix kits
Make your Dad’s year with this amazing prize courtesy of Airfix - a 20 minute Passenger Flight in a WWII Spitfire.
This really is a once in a lifetime opportunity to relive history aboard one of only 53 airworthy models left in the world.
Prepare for shivers down the spine as you experience everything from the roar of the engine to spellbinding views out over its iconic elliptical wing.
So put on your flight suit as this is the chance to experience and utterly remarkable day, guaranteed to create memories to be cherished forever... Chocks away!
As well as this once in a lifetime experience we are also giving away an Airfix Spitfire bundle including Spitfire MKIa Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 Dogfight Doubles Gift Set 1:72, Supermarine Spitfire MkIa Starter Set 1:72 and Airfix QUICK BUILD Spitfire, giving you the chance to relive the experience.
This amazing prize includes a 20 minute passenger ride onboard an iconic Spitfire, the chance to enjoy a once in a lifetime experience in one of only 53 airborne Spitfires, and don a flight suit and parachute.
You will also get an experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card plus cancellation indemnity.
1. The competition opens on 15 June 2017 and ends on 15 July 2017 (“the Closing Date”).
2. The prize is one voucher for a 20 minute Passenger Flight in a WWII Spitfire (“the Prize”) for one winner. Also included is an Airfix Spitfire bundle including Spitfire MKIa Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 Dogfight Doubles Gift Set 1:72, Supermarine Spitfire MkIa Starter Set 1:72 and Airfix QUICK BUILD Spitfire.
3. Only one entry per person.
4. Entrants must enter their details in the competition form provided and by the closing date specified.
5. Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
6. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice.
7. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
8. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Hornby reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
9. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Hornby reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
10. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
11. Hornby cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
12. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Hornby reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
13. Your voucher is valid for 18 months from the date of issue.
14. This experience is available on selected dates throughout the flying season. Please note flying time in this 80+ year old classic warbird is restricted to help preserve and maintain the aircraft, hence availability is strictly limited.
16. The Daily Express website’s terms and conditions can be found here: http://www.express.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.