Flying Scotsman Train Pack
Log-in or register
In 1969 the 'Flying Scotsman', which was at that time under the ownership of Mr Alan Peglar, was destined to make the long journey to the United States of America where it travelled some 2,200 miles from Boston to Dallas and then on to Houston. The train pulled by the 'Flying Scotsman' was principally a trade train but amongst the vehicles was a former Devon Belle Observation Car which was eventually, having toured with the train, left in San Francisco where it remained before being repatriated some 30 years later.
This pack is representative of the 'Flying Scotsman' and the Observation Car as they were before the long trip to the USA in 1969. This is a limited Edition pack of just 2000 pieces with a numbered certificate included with each pack.
* Closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 31st May 2011, any entries received after the closing date will not be accepted.
* The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries which are not received.
* The prize promotion is open to those aged 18 years and over.
* The prize promotion is not open to employees of Hornby PLC or of any subsidiary or associated company of Hornby Plc or to employees family members.
* Any entries submitted by agents or third parties will be invalid and will not be accepted by the Promoter.
* There is one prize as described above. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value at any time.
* The winner will be chosen at random from the correct answers only.
* Only one entry per household/person. Any additional entries will not be entered.
* The prize is not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
* All winners will be informed. Losing entries will not receive any notification.
* The winner will be contacted within seven days of the closing date using the contact details provided. If the winner cannot be contacted the prize will be forfeited.
* Prizes will be sent within 4 weeks of the competition ending.
* The name and town of residence of the winner will be displayed on the Hornby website.
* By entering this competition, you are consenting to allow your name and town of residence to be displayed on the Hornby website.
* The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the prize promotion.
* The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize promotion at anytime without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within the rules on the site.
* Entry constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
* The competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales Promoter: Hornby Hobbies Ltd, Westwood, Margate, Kent, CT9 4JX.
* Please retain these terms and conditions for future reference.