Christmas is the most magical time of the year, reuniting friends and family to enjoy scrumptious seasonal food in a relaxing and festive atmosphere. Canned Food UK is joining in with the festive spirit by giving away one food hamper full of deliciously tempting treats.
As well as this special foodie prize, Canned Food UK has plenty of recipes for you to try this Christmas, so you can cook up a decadent feast from starter to dessert. If you’re looking for a side dish to enjoy alongside your Christmas turkey, why not try our brussels sprouts with a twist? Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Chestnuts is absolutely packed with festive flavour and is perfect if you’re strapped for time, taking only minutes to make.
Alternatively, if you’re trying to use up any leftover Turkey, indulge in our Turkey and Stuffing Pie. This delicious dish uses canned sweetcorn, which is rich in vitamin B, helping to convert food into energy and keep you going for the rest of the day. Or for a healthy way to make the most of your leftover turkey and trimmings, try our Turkey, Bacon and Lentil Soup, which is sure to keep you warm and cosy during evenings in front of the fire.
For those of you with a sweet tooth, try our Chocolate Puddle Pudding. This gooey-centred chocolate dessert will impress even the harshest of critics and is the perfect way to end your Christmas feast. What’s more, the high levels of dietary fibre in the canned prunes are essential in keeping the digestive system healthy.
For further meal ideas for Christmas, search our recipe finder. Or, if you’d like a bit of guidance when cooking, then visit the Canned Food UK cooking channel for video demonstrations by celebrity chef James Martin.
To be in with a chance of becoming the lucky winner of a food hamper, just answer the following question:
What type of lentil is used in the Canned Food UK Turkey, Bacon and Lentil Soup recipe?
Answer : B Green lentil
Completion message :
Thank you, your entry has been submitted
1.These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. ‘Canned Food UK’ refers to Canned Food UK, Canned Food UK members, and agents connected with the competition.
2. Unless otherwise specified, the competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over except employees of Canned Food UK, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners.
3.Unless otherwise specified, you may enter the Competition as many times as you like however where a winner has been selected and Canned Food UK discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has used any software or automated process either to answer questions or to make bulk entries, Canned Food UK may select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
4. One or fewer competitions will run on the Canned Food UK website each month.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Canned Food UK reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. Canned Food UK reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the website.
6. Unless otherwise specified, the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received. Winners will be notified within 28 days after the closing date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during this time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, Canned Food UK reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the correct entries which were received before the closing date.
7. Canned Food UK will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. Canned Food UK takes no responsibility for any entries that are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
8. Canned Food UK will not be liable for any personal injury, loss or damage arising out of the winner's (or their guest's) use or enjoyment of the prize.
9. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
11. The competition manager’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No undue correspondence will be entered into.
12. Canned Food UK reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. Canned Food UK reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond our control make this unavoidable.
13. By ticking the box marked ‘Tick here if you would like to receive our Canned Food UK newsletter’, entrants agree to receiving future Canned Food UK newsletters via email. Email addresses will not be used for any other purpose.