Trip To The Royal Observatory
NOTE: You must have a Waterstones card to enter. Sorry.
To celebrate the publication of Wonders of the Universe we're offering Waterstone's Cardholders the chance to win a trip to the Royal Observatory with none other than, Professor Brian Cox!
In Wonders of the Universe, Professor Cox is back with an insightful and mind-blowing journey through both space and time to show us the Universe as we have never seen it before. He visits some of the most dramatic parts of the globe to explain the fundamental principles that govern the laws of nature and answers the most profound questions we can ask about ourselves and the world in which we live, but in a uniquely understandable way.
Brian will give one lucky Cardholder and a guest a tour of the Royal Observatory, Greenwich. Visiting such attractions as the Peter Harrison Planetarium and the interactive Weller Astronomy Galleries, Brian Cox will help you to unravel the mysteries of the cosmos!
No purchase necessary. To be in with a chance of winning, simply submit your entry and details below - don't forget to include your Card number, otherwise your entry won't be accepted.
1. No purchase necessary. Please enter your name, Waterstone's Card number, email address and contact number in the spaces provided. Only one entry per person allowed. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the closing date of 18th April 2011 at 11:59 PM. All entries shall become the property of Waterstones.com, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and residents of the UK or Ireland.
4. There will be one prize winner who will win a guided tour for themselves and a guest with Professor Brian Cox. The tour will take place at the Royal Observatory, Greenwich. Due to Professor Cox's busy schedule the date and time of the tour will be arranged on an individual basis and must be taken by the prize winner no later then 18th April 2012.
Please note travel costs within the mainland UK will be reimbursed. Proof of transport costs must be provided for reimbursement.
5. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
6. Subject to availability.
7. No cash alternative will be offered. The prize is non-transferable.
8. Judging will take place on the morning of 19th April 2011 to select the winner. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/e-mail, and will need to respond by midnight 27th April 2011 as to whether they are able to accept the prize. If a selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
9. This competition is not open to employees of Waterstone's, any HMV Group plc company, HarperCollins Publishers or their immediate families.
10. By entering the contest, entrants, consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by Waterstone's, without payment or compensation.
11. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
12. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
13.a) All entries become the property of Waterstone's, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the web site during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Waterstone's on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any web site, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Waterstone's reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Waterstone's corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Waterstone's reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13.b) Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/Guardian for children aged 15 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (eg 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of the prize winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Waterstone's Card Brian Cox 2011 Competition Winner to Waterstones.com, Capital Court, Capital Interchange way, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 0EX after 19th April 2011. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By clicking on the Submit button above you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
17. Waterstone's and HarperCollins Publishers has organised this prize draw in good faith and does not accept liability relating to the prize.
Promoters: Waterstone's and HarperCollins Publishers