Terms and conditions
1. The Thompson & Morgan garden hamper draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
2. The Prize Draw is not open to employees or agencies of Thompson & Morgan and their group companies, Guardian News & Media Limited ("GNM" or the "Promoter"), their group companies or family members, freelance contributors to GNM, or anyone else connected to the Prize Draw.
3. Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Competition you must complete the boxes shown above with your details and press the "submit" button. No purchase is necessary.
If you have any questions about how to enter or otherwise in connection with the Prize Draw, please email us at [email protected]
with Thompson & Morgan garden hamper in the subject line.
5. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Prize Draw entry to us. The winners shall be the owners of the email address from which the selected winning entries are sent.
6. GNM accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by GNM.
7. The Prize Draw opens at 05:00 on 5 January and closes at 23:59 on 19 January. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
8. We are giving away one garden hamper worth £74.99, or £150 if bought separately. The hamper includes the following contents; double hanging basket, 20 packets of seed, trowel, fork, DVD, copper labels, plant labels and pencil, seed tin, £10 voucher, 3 catalogues, 750g Incredibloom®, secateurs, 3 flower pouches, 20 coir seed/cutting pellets, 20 pricking out pots.
9. The winner[s] will be selected by way of a random draw from all entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will take place on 20 January:
•The prize will be sent by courier to the winner's home address.
•We won't accept responsibility for any damage sustained when the prize is in transit.
10.The winner[s] will be notified by email or phone on or by 23 January and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to GNM within 2 day of being notified of their win, the winner's prize will be forfeited and GNM shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 2 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, the winner's prize will be forfeited and GNM shall be entitled to select another winner.
11. The name and county of the winner[s] can be obtained after 23 January by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Guardian Extra competitions, Direct team, 1st Floor, Guardian News & Media Limited, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU.
12. The prize[s] is/are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize.
13. GNM reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
14. The winner[s] may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner[s] shall participate in such activity on the Promoter's reasonable request. The winner[s] consent[s] to the use by the Promoter and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner's voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by the Promoter and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
16. GNM accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. GNM further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of GNM under law for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence
17. GNM reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of GNM in all matters relating to the Prize Draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. GNM shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Prize Draw where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
19. The Prize Draw and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
20. Promoter: Guardian News & Media Limited, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9GU