Choose your prize.Now or in five years :-)
Wait & get a bigger prize.
These terms are in addition to and supplement the standard competition terms of The Independent.
1. These terms/instructions apply if you enter the Standard Life prize draw “Your Holiday, Your Way” (the “Prize Draw”) located at www.independent.co.uk (“Website”) which is operated by Independent Print Limited (“The Independent”). All of those voting, will automatically be entered into the free Prize Draw, and are deemed to have read these terms and agree to be bound by them.
2. The Prize Draw opens at 00:01 on 21 April 2011 and will end at 23:59 on 18 May 2011.
3. The Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over on the date they enter the Prize Draw, other than employees/contractors of the Standard Life group of companies or the i-escape.com group of companies, or their immediate family members. Only one entry per person is permitted. No purchase is necessary to enter the Prize Draw.
4. The winner will be chosen at random by the Editor of The Independent from a list of all of the entries made in accordance with these terms.
5. The winner will receive the prize as follows: (a) where the winner has voted for “I want a short break now”, the winner is entiled to accommodation up to the value of £640, which must be booked with Standard Life’s Prize Draw partner i-escape.com by 31 August 2011. The holiday accomodation must be taken by 31 December 2011; or (b) where the winner has voted for “I want to look forward to a holiday of a lifetime”, Standard Life will make arrangements with the winner to pay, up to the value of £5,000 in 2016, to an ABTA registered Travel Agent for a holiday of the winner’s choice. Terms will apply. The chosen prize will not be transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
6. The winner will be contacted (by email or phone call) by The Independent within 5 working days of 18 May 2011. The winner must claim the prize by contacting The Independent within 14 working days of being
notified by The Independent that they are the winner. Within 7 working days of the winner contacting The Independent, Standard Life will contact the winner to arrange the prize. The winner may be required to submit
valid identification before receiving the prize. Failure to claim the prize within the time limit set out in these terms or in the manner specified will result in the prize being forfeited and the selection of an alternate
7. The winner may be required to participate in any publicity Standard Life and i-escape.com and each of their associated companies reasonably require, including use of the winner’s name, photograph and comments.
8. These terms will be interpreted in accordance with English law. If any provision of these terms proves to be illegal and unenforceable, this shall not prevent the remaining provisions remaining in full force and effect.
9. Standard Life means Standard Life Assurance Limited a company registered in Scotland (Registered Number SC286833) at Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road, Edinburgh, EH1 2DH and authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority. i-escape.com is the trading name of Ram Tinto Associates Ltd a company registered in England and Wales (Registered Number 03981568) at 4 Frank Dixon Close, London,
SE21 7BD. © Standard Life 2011 Prize Draw Terms/Instructions