Terms and conditions
1. This prize draw (the "Competition") is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
2. The Competition is not open to employees and agents (and families, members of employees and agents) of Branding Latin America, The Royal Academy of Arts, Air Europa, Vik, Uruguay Natural, Guardian News & Media Limited ("GNM"), Guardian Media Group plc ("GMG") or any subsidiary of GMG, or freelance contributors to GNM or anyone connected with the Competition or the Prize.
3. Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. To enter the Competition you must complete the boxes shown above with your details and press the "submit" button. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition please email [email protected]
with Royal Academy Radical Geometry competition in the subject line.
5. Only one entry is permitted per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint entries are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us.
6. We do not take responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
7. The closing date and time of the Competition is 23:59 on 27 July 2014. Entries received after the closing date and time will not be included in the prize draw.
8. The winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
9. There is one one prize of a holiday for two people to Uruguay. The Prize includes:
•Return economy flights from London Heathrow to Montevideo and a six-day stay at Estancia Vik José Ignacio. Airport taxes are included.
•Return transportation from Montevideo airport to the hotel is included, either on a shared or private basis.
•Prize is based on the winner and his/her guest sharing in a standard double or twin room, on a bed and breakfast basis.
•There is one excursion included to Bodega Garzón, including a Garzón Riding Experience (vineyard tour by horse and cart).
• Spending money, meals, travel taxes, trip kitties, travel insurance, medical insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, inoculations, additional transfers or regional flights and all other ancillary costs (as well as obtaining any of these) not specified in the prize inclusions are the responsibility of the winner.
•The winner must comply with and is responsible for attending to any inoculation and health regulations or visa requirements required for their destination.
•The Prize also includes a private tour of the Radical Geometry exhibition for two, guided by an RA expert and followed by breakfast in the RA restaurant. The tour will begin at 8.30am and the exhibition will be closed to the public.
• The winner must liaise with Branding Latin America to redeem the holiday prize and must book their travel by 1 September 2014 and travel from 1 October to 30 November 2014 or 1 March to 30 April 2015, excluding the Easter holidays and bank holidays in either the UK or Spain. Other dates are not available.
• The holiday is subject to availability and as such can take three to four weeks to confirm. It is therefore advisable to state as much flexibility as possible in terms of travel dates and to give as much notice as possible.
• The winner must liaise with the Royal Academy of Arts to redeem the exhibition tour part of the prize and must take the tour between 28 July and 26 September 2014.
• The private tour is subject to availability and as such can take two to three weeks to confirm. It is therefore advisable to state as much flexibility as possible in terms of travel dates and to give as much notice as possible.
• Once the trip is booked and confirmed any amends to the booking will be at the winner's cost.
• The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
• The winner and his/her guest must both be UK residents aged 18 years or over and in possession of a valid passport. Proof of address may be required. British passport holders do not require a visa for Uruguay. If the winner and/or the guest is not in possession of a British passport, it is their own responsibility to contact the Uruguayan Embassy for advice and to arrange and pay for any necessary entry visas.
• The winner will be responsible for ensuring that they have adequate travel insurance.
• The winner is responsible for travel to and from the London departure airport.
•The winner and guest must arrange and pay for their own travel to and from the departure airport in London.
• The Royal Academy of Arts, Branding Latin America and associated partners will not accept any liability for any loss or damages suffered whilst on this trip.
• The prize must be accepted as offered. There is no cash or other alternative. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of an equivalent or greater value.
• The Royal Academy of Arts and Branding Latin America have the right to cancel or modify the promotion if there are compelling technical or administrative reasons which they cannot control. Should this happen, the prize draw will be made from all eligible entries received prior to this time.
• In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of The Royal Academy of Arts and Branding Latin America, The Royal Academy of Arts and Branding Latin America reserve the right to either provide an alternative competition prize to an alternative travel destination to the same or greater value as the original or, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
•The prize is non-transferable and non-changeable.
•Entrants agree to be bound by all entry instructions of which these terms and conditions from a part.
•The Royal Academy of Arts' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The Promoters are Branding Latin America (14 Basil St, London SW3 1AH) and The Royal Academy of Arts (Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BD).
• The Promotional Partner is The Guardian.
10. The winner will be notified by email or phone by 29 July 2014 and given details of how to claim the Prize. If the winner cannot be reached or has otherwise failed to acknowledge such notification within 2 days, GNM shall be entitled to select a new winner of the Prize (and if that winner does not acknowledge GNM's notification within 2 days he or she will also forfeit the Prize. If the winner rejects the Prize GNM shall be entitled to select another winner and the same acceptance period shall apply).
11. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. The Prize is subject to availability and GNM reserves the right to change the Prize at its discretion or to offer an alternative of similar value.
12. The winner may be required for promotional activity.
13. No purchase necessary.
14. GNM accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered in connection with the Competition or the Prize.
15. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of GNM for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
16. GNM reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
17. GNM shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted according to English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes arising in connection with them.
20. Details of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: The Guardian Marketing Department, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9GU