A luxury lodge break in Sherwood Forest
We've teamed up with The Sherwood Hideaway to offer one lucky AOL Travel reader the chance to win a luxurious lodge break in the home of Robin Hood.
One winner will enjoy three or four nights' self-catering accommodation for up to four people in a two-bedroom, Woodland Rustic Lodge, the latest in the Sherwood Hideaway's collection.
The woodland retreat of stylish lodges is nestled deep within Sherwood Forest on the magnificent Thoresby Estate. With a host of activities nearby – from a relaxing spa to tree-lined cycle paths – The Sherwood Hideaway is perfect for romantic escapes, family holidays, active getaways and restful breaks.
And there's no need to leave anyone behind. Dogs are welcome too in the dedicated pet-friendly lodges. The choice of lovely accommodation includes rustic, contemporary and traditional log cabins, each lavishly styled and many equipped with an indulgent hot tub under the stars.
Each lodge features a range of little luxuries, including a wood burning stove for cosy nights in, comfy beds with crisp Egyptian-cotton sheets, heavenly duck-down pillows and duvets, indulgent Molton Brown toiletries and a flat screen LED TV and DVD for lazy evenings.
From country parks to historic halls, castles and galleries, there is plenty to see during a stay. Yet for many, the first port of call is an adventure into the depths of Sherwood Forest, following trails over a mix of terrains, on foot or by bike. To find out much more about the famous woodlands, pay a visit to the exhibition at the Sherwood Forest Visitor Centre.
For something a little more laid-back, the luxury spa at Thoresby Hall serves up a selection of treatments, or you can mooch around Thoresby Courtyard and enjoy the craft shops, plant centre and glass blowing studio.
Don't worry if you don't win as The Sherwood Hideaway is offering up to 20 per cent off July breaks! Save 20 per cent on a seven nights or more holiday using offer code SHJJ20 and receive 15 per cent off July short breaks using Offer code SHJJ15*. Visit sherwoodhideaway.com/special-offers for more information.
For your chance to win this amazing prize, submit your details before 8 July 2014.
Completion message :
Thanks for entering!
The prize promotion is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over except employees (and their families) of AOL Travel and The Sherwood Hideaway, and any affiliates or subsidiary companies, as well as representatives or agents of AOL, The Sherwood Hideaway and anyone else who may be involved or connected with the prize promotion. Any entries submitted by agents or third parties will be invalid and will not be accepted by the Promoter.
You may enter this prize promotion by completing the online entry form.
There will be one winner.
The prize(s) will consist of 3 or 4 nights self-catering accommodation for four people in a two-bedroom Woodland Rustic Lodge, the latest in the Sherwood Hideaway’s collection. With wonderful views of the forest all around, luxury features of these cosy cabins include an outside hot tub, a wood-burning stove, a comprehensively equipped modern kitchen and beds with crisp Egyptian-cotton sheets and heavenly duck-down pillows and duvets. The prize is for a party of up to four and can be taken during 2014 season (excluding August Bank Holiday w/c 22 Aug or October Half Term w/c 24 October), subject to availability. Prize must be used before 15 December 2014.
Where available, any upgrades will be the responsibility of the winner(s).
The cost of any meals not included as part of the prize and all other personal expenses, spending money and any other incidentals are the responsibility of the winner(s).
Travel to The Sherwood Hideaway is not included.
6. The prize promotion closing date is 8 July 2014 (the “Closing Date”) and any entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted by the Promoter.
7. The winning entry/entries will be selected at random on 9 July 2014 and the winner(s) will be notified by email within 7 days. To contact you we will use the contact details supplied by you when entering the prize promotion.
8. If you are notified of a winning entry, you must confirm acceptance by both telephone and email to claim your prize. If you do not reply to confirm acceptance within 5 days of being notified as a winner, we may offer your prize to someone else
9. Only one entry per person is permitted.
10. Submission of entries will not constitute proof of receipt and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries or acceptances which the Promoter does not receive. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or corruption of data in transit. No responsibility will be accepted for entries or acceptances which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or elsewhere. Illegible, incomplete, late or defaced entries will be disqualified.
11. The prize(s) must be taken as offered. No cash equivalent or other alternative prize(s) are available in whole or in part except as provided for in these terms and conditions.
12. All prize(s) are non-transferable and where prize(s) consist of tickets to events, all such tickets are non-refundable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should the prize(s) become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept the prize(s), then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize(s) to another participant.
13. A list of winners' names and locations can be obtained by sending a SAE to the Promoter after 8 July 2014.
14. The winner(s) agree to participate in any publicity or other such promotional activities which the Promoter may reasonably require in connection with the prize promotion and the Promoter shall have the right to use each winner’s name, likeness, image, voice and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the prize promotion in all media without further notice and without the need to make any payment to any winner for such use.
15. By submitting an image or any other materials (“Submission”) in relation to this prize promotion you: (i) confirm the grant by you to us of a worldwide, perpetual, royalty free licence in the Intellectual Property Rights in your Submission, (ii) waive any moral rights and like rights you have in relation to the Submission so that we shall be entitled to use the Submission in any and all media at no cost to us and (iii) warrant to us that the Submission is owned and controlled by you and that you have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out in these Terms and have obtained all the necessary approvals, consents and licences to grant rights pursuant to these terms and conditions; warrant that your Submission will not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights, privacy or any other rights of any third party; will not contain anything which is untrue