Your prize consists of a two-night stay for two at the iconic five-star Westbury Hotel, a member of Leading Hotels of the World, located in the heart of Dublin’s most fashionable retail and cultural quarter. You’ll stay in a spacious Luxury Studio Suite with complimentary WiFi, a Nespresso machine and a four-poster Sealey bed topped with crisp Irish Lissadell linens.
On both mornings you will be treated to a Champagne breakfast, and, on one evening, a delicious dinner with wine in Wilde – The Restaurant.
The Westbury Hotel is also famous for its afternoon tea, taken in The Gallery, which houses one of Ireland’s foremost private art collections, while cocktails may be enjoyed in the decadent Marble Bar, and all-day dining in Balfes brasserie and bar.
Sitting between Trinity College and St Stephen’s Green, The Westbury Hotel is perfectly located to explore the two sides of Dublin. Yards from its entrance is trendy Grafton Street with its designer outlets and department stores, including the famous Brown Thomas. But slip out of its Clarendon Street entrance to be immersed in ‘new’ Dublin, with its hipster bar scene, fun restaurants and quirky independent stores popping up every week. Dublin’s premier theatres, museums and art galleries are also all an easy walk away.
As the final part of your prize, you will be flown return from London to Dublin by British Airways, with transfers to and from the hotel by limousine.
To enter read Smart cities and answer the following question:
How many UK homes are expected to have solar panels by 2020?
Answer : 10 million
Completion message :
Your entry was successful.
1. This competition is only open to eligible participants (“Eligible Participants”, or in the singular, an “Eligible Participant”). An Eligible Participant is a person aged 18 years or over and is not an employee of British Airways (“BA”) or Cedar Communication (“Cedar”) or their affiliates, or their family members, and is not an employees of The Doyle Collection, The Westbury Hotel, Dublin or its affiliates, or their family members. BA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this competition, Eligible Participants confirm that they unconditionally accept the terms and conditions set out below (“Terms and Conditions”).
2. To be counted as an Eligible Participant, an entrant to the competition must: submit their answer to the question on the form below (“Activity”) between 1:00am GMT on 1 December 2014 and 23.55pm GMT 31 January 2015 (“Competition Period”), and provide contact details (in the form of an email address and/or telephone number) (“Contact Details”), also in the form below. This will automatically submit entry to the draw. No entries outside the Competition Period will be accepted.
3. No purchase is necessary. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning.
4. No third party entries are permitted and only one entry per Eligible Participant is allowed.
The following prize is available for a winner and guest: two (2) nights’ accommodation in a Luxury Studio Suite, Champagne breakfast for two both mornings, dinner for two at Wilde restaurant including wine and limo transfer (each way). Two economy return British Airways flights to Dublin from a London airport (together, the “Prize”).
5. At the completion of the Competition Period, winners from those Eligible Participants will be selected at random under independent supervision in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
6. Once each prize winner has been chosen, the Contact Details will be used to contact each chosen winner via email or telephone call. Each winner will then have 14 days by which to confirm their acceptance of the prize (“Claim Period”). If a winner is contacted via email, winners must confirm their acceptance of the prize in writing within the Claim Period by utilising the medium by which they were contacted. If the winner is contacted by telephone, they must confirm their acceptance of the prize in writing to Westbury Hotel Competition, Business Life Magazine, 85 Strand, London WC2R 0DW. If any winner does not claim the prize within the Claim Period, or the prize is declined by any winner, supplementary winners may be drawn from the remaining Eligible Participants’ entries at BA's discretion and these winners will be sent the relevant notification. In the event BA cannot locate any potential winners, the prizes may go unawarded.
7. The dates of the Prize stay are subject to availability and certain blackout dates. Prize must be used by 31 January 2016.
8. Any other incidental expenses relating to the Prize are not included in the above Prize and must be paid for by each winner, where relevant. For the avoidance of doubt, BA will have no liability in relation to travel costs associated with travelling to or from the hotel.
9. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, discount coupon(s) or voucher(s), promotion(s), or special offer(s), by BA or jointly with any other organisation, bonus, awards or certificates.
10. All BA and third party terms and conditions relating to the prize apply.
11. BA accepts no responsibility for damage or loss resulting from misdirected or incomplete entries arising from the Eligible Participant’s error, computer malfunction, viruses, bugs or telephone malfunction or other such causes.
12. BA does not accept any responsibility in the event that any prize winner is unable to claim their Prize within the Claim Period.
13. All Prizes are non-changeable and non-transferable.
14. No cash or credit alternatives are offered for any Prize.
15. BA reserves the right to provide substitute prizes of a similar value, should the specified Prize or any element thereof, become unavailable for any reasons beyond its control.
16. BA is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to this competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the competition.
17. Personal data will be taken where necessary from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the competition.
18. By entering the competition you assign to BA the complete copyright and all other rights in or to any entry or the content contained within any entry, which shall be for the full period of copyright. In addition, upon request you will provide BA a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such entry or make use of the content contained within any entry in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other materials, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, the entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for BA or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights the entrant is granting, to use the entry or the content contained therein.
19. Where imposing such condition is legal, participation in the competition constitutes the winner’s (and companion’s, if applicable) consent to BA’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state, for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
21. The winners’ names can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope, between 1 February and 30 May 2015, to Westbury Hotel Competition, Business Life Magazine, 85 Strand, London WC2R 0DW.
22. BA’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. BA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any Prize issued in the event of major catastrophe, war, strike, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond BA's control.
23. BA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or terminate any Prize won by any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the competition, or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or, in BA’s sole discretion, in an inappropriate, offensive or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, BA reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
24. BA’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
25. Except as otherwise expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, BA and its affiliates shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of their respective obligations that are caused by events outside of their reasonable control. BA’s total liability for all claims arising out of or in connection with the competition shall be limited to the value of the Prize won by the Eligible Participant. BA and its affiliates shall not be liable under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or otherwise in relation to the event for any special, indirect or consequential losses incurred by an Eligible Participant (or, if applicable, their guest) in any way. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall operate to exclude or limit BA’s or its affiliates’ liability for death or personal injury resulting from BA’s or its affiliates’ negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which may not be excluded or limited by law.
26. These Terms and Conditions apply to every Eligible Participant attending the event or entering the competition with no exceptions.
27. If any of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
28. Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
29. This competition is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
30. The promoter is British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB. Registered No 1777777.