A Mixed case of Taylors Port and 6 runner up prizes of two bottles of Port
The case contains one bottle each of the following Port Wines: Chip Dry, First Estate, Late Bottled Vintage 2008, 10 Year Old, 20 Year Old, Vargellas Vintage 2001. 6 runners up will each win a bottle each of Taylor’s Late Bottled Vintage 2008 and Taylor’s 10 Year Old Tawny. No cash alternative or other prize is available.
Win a Mixed Case of Taylor's Port
Simply correctly answer the 3 questions below for your chance to win a fabulous 6 bottle case of Taylor’s Port.
1. Vargellas Vinha Velha is a very rare Vintage Port produced in very small quantities using grapes from: *
1. My answer: A selection of the very oldest vines on Taylor’s famous Quinta de Vargellas estate.
2.Taylor’s produces an excellent ‘single-quinta’ Vintage Port from its estate of Quinta de Terra Feita. This historic property is located: *
2. My answer: On the west bank of the River Pinhão.
3. Taylor’s recently made a limited release of a very rare Single Harvest Port from 1863. The amount of wine released is the equivalent of: *
My answer: Two casks.
For many, Taylor’s is the archetypal Port house and its wines the quintessential Ports. Established over three centuries ago in 1692, Taylor’s is one of the oldest of the founding Port houses. It is dedicated entirely to the production of Port wine and in particular to its finest styles.
Above all, Taylor’s is regarded as the benchmark for Vintage Port. Noted for their elegance and poise as well as for their restrained power and longevity, Taylor’s Vintage Ports are blended from the finest wines of the firm’s own quintas or estates, Vargellas, Terra Feita and Junco.
Taylor’s is also respected as a producer of wood aged Ports and holds one of the largest reserves of rare cask aged wines from which its distinguished aged tawny Ports are drawn. Taylor’s is also famous for its Late Bottled Vintage Port, a style which the firm pioneered and of which it remains the leading producer.
This competition runs from 6th January 2015 until 17th February 2015.
Rules & Regulations
1. This competition is open only to UK residents aged 18 or over. Entrants must not be employees (or members of their families) of Mentzendorff & Co Ltd or JazzFM, their agents, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. Only one entry per person.
3. There is one prize of a mixed case of six Taylor’s ports; The case contains one bottle each of the following Port Wines: Chip Dry, First Estate, Late Bottled Vintage 2008, 10 Year Old, 20 Year Old, Vargellas Vintage 2001. 6 runners up will each win a bottle each of Taylor’s Late Bottled Vintage 2008 and Taylor’s 10 Year Old Tawny. No cash alternative or other prize is available.
4. All entries must be received by 17th February 2015.
5. To enter, simply answer the 6 questions on this web page, complete your details and click ‘Enter the competition’.
6. The winner will be picked at random under independent supervision and notified within 28 days of the closing date. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The name of the winner will be available by sending an SAE to the promoter, Mentzendorff & Co Ltd, Prince Consort House, 27-29 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TJ.