Win a nine day holiday to Brazil, with flights, transfers and accommodation all included
To celebrate the launch of the Royal Academy of Arts' new exhibition, Radical Geometry: Modern Art of South America from the Patricia Phelps de Cisneros Collection, we are offering Time Out readers the chance to win a dream holiday for two to Brazil.
Run in conjunction with Journey Latin America, this is your chance to experience the spirit of Brazil on a nine day holiday visiting Rio de Janeiro, the picturesque colonial fishing village of Paratí and the lush and undeveloped island of Ilha Grande. The winners will enjoy a jeep excursion to the Christ statue, as well as quality accommodation throughout the trip – including stays at an oceanfront hotel on iconic Copacabana beach, a colonial pousada and a family-run guesthouse right by the sea. The prize also includes all flights and transfers.
Journey Latin America is the UK's No.1 travel specialist to Central and South America and has been creating award-winning holidays to every corner of the region for over 30 years. With staff who have unrivalled knowledge and a passion for sharing it, they can offer practical advice based on personal experience.
Radical Geometry explores the boundary-breaking art that emerged from South America’s most dynamic centres of artistic innovation in the 20th century. From Rio to Caracas, the exhibition will transport you around a continent that produced some of the most exciting geometric abstract art ever made.
Question: Brazil is in which continent? *
South America <<<<< Answer
1. No purchase necessary.
2. One entry per person, no bulk or third party entries.
3. Postal entries for competitions should be sent with your name, address, daytime telephone number, competition you are entering and answer to: Time Out Offers, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
4. Email entries for competitions should be sent to email@example.com clearly stating in the subject header the competition you are entering.
5. Competitions are open to all UK residents (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, or in other cases as stated) except employees of Time Out, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in the post or offered for delivery insufficiently stamped.
7. Proof of delivery will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However the promoter has the full and free right to alter arrangements or prizes should circumstances change.
8. The winning answers and the names of prizewinners will be made available to those who send an SAE to the competition entry address. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. All entries and copyright in them automatically become the property of Time Out.
10. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise.
11. The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition in the magazine or online. The winner will be decided by a random, computer-generated selection from the correct entries received during the promotion period. Decisions of the promoter relating to the drawing and all matters relating to this promotion will be final and binding. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
12. By providing your email address and entering this competition you agree to receive relevant email communications from Time Out including news, events, offers and competitions.
13. Promoter: Time Out Magazine, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
Additional terms and conditions
1. All entries must be received by Sunday 28 September 2014.
2. Only one entry per person. No responsibility will be accepted for lost or delayed entries. Incomplete entries and mechanical reproduction of multiple entries are not permitted.
3. Employees of Journey Latin America, The Royal Academy of Arts, TimeOut, their families or any agencies or person connected with this competition may not enter.
4. The winner will be chosen at random by an independent party and contacted by the Royal Academy of Arts on week commencing 29 September 2014. If the Royal Academy do not receive confirmation from the winner within 10 days of being awarded the prize, the prize will be considered forfeited and another winner will be drawn at random.
5. There is one prize of a 9 day holiday for two people to Brazil. Prize includes return economy flights from London Heathrow to Rio de Janeiro and stays in Rio de Janeiro, Parati and Ilha Grande. Airport taxes are included.
6. All transportation between included destinations within Brazil is included, either on a shared or private basis.
7. Prize is based on the winner and his/her guest sharing in a standard double or twin room, on a bed and breakfast basis.
8. Accommodation is in superior hotel or comfortable mid-range guesthouses.
9. There is one excursion included to Sugar Loaf Mountain and Santa Teresa in Rio on Day 2.
10. The winner must liaise with Journey Latin America and must book their travel by 31 October 2014 and travel from 01 November - 30 November 2014 or 01 April - 30 June 2015. Travel over Christmas, New Year or Carnival is not permitted.
11.The holiday is subject to availability and as such can take three to four weeks to confirm. It is therefore advisable to state as much flexibility as possible in terms of travel dates and to give as much notice as possible.
12. Once the trip is booked and confirmed any amends to the booking will be at the winners cost.
13. The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
14. The winner and his/her guest must both be UK residents aged 18 years or over and in possession of a valid passport. Proof of address may be required. British passport holders do not require a visa for Brazil. If the winner and/or the guest is not in possession of a British passport it is their own responsibility to contact the Brazilian Embassy for advice and to arrange and pay for any necessary entry visas.
15. The winner will be responsible for ensuring that they have adequate travel insurance.
16. The winner must comply with and is responsible for attending to any inoculation and health regulations or visa requirements required for their destination.
17. The winner is responsible for travel to and from the London departure airport.
18. Spending money, meals, travel taxes, trip kitties, travel insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, inoculations, additional transfers or regional flights and all other ancillary costs (as well as obtaining any of these) not specified in the prize inclusions are the responsibility of the winner.
19. The winner and guest must arrange and pay for their own travel to and from London Heathrow airport.
20. Journey Latin America and associated partners will not accept any liability for any loss or damages suffered whilst on this trip. Journey Latin America’s standard terms and conditions of travel apply.
21. The prize must be accepted as offered. There is no cash or other alternative. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of an equivalent or greater value.
22. Journey Latin America and The Royal Academy of Arts have the right to cancel or modify the promotion if there are compelling technical or administrative reasons which they cannot control. Should this happen, the prize draw will be made from all eligible entries received prior to this time.
23. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of Journey Latin America, Journey Latin America reserves the right to either provide an alternative competition prize to an alternative travel destination to the same or greater value as the original or, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
24. The prize is non-transferable and non-changeable.
25. Journey Latin America’s standard travel booking conditions apply.
26. Entrants agree to be bound by all entry instructions of which these terms and conditions from a part.
27. Journey Latin America and The Royal Academy of Arts’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. The Promoters are Journey Latin America (12-13 Heathfield Terrace, Chiswick, London, W4 4JE) and The Royal Academy of Arts (Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BD).
29. The Promotional Partner is TimeOut.